Opti Coat paint treatment

rolly

I've been checking out paint treatments before I take delivery of my 2013 Journey. The dealers have very pricey options. Has anyone had any good or bad experiences going with their dealer? I have checked out Opti Coat with a local detailer and the price sounds very reasonable. I have seen some youtube videos and it looks promising, but nothing like personal experiences. Have any forum members tried this product or others? Thank you for any feedback.

I have had all my new Chrysler products done by the dealer

and have never had a problem with the coatings they applied.

Having said that I have for many years applied a coat of NU-Finish

polymer after 6 months of ownership and when I trade them in they

always comment how great the finish is for a 4-5 yr old car.

They had a special on when I bought the DJ and paid $411.00

for undercoat,upholstery protection and paint sealant.

For our 2012 SXT, we took the entire Master Shield package offered by the dealer prior to taking delivery. Yes it was pricy but we felt it was well worth it before taking it out on the road and putting any KM's on it. Included in the Master Shield was Fabic Protector, Undercoat, Rust Inhibitor and Paint Sealant. About two weeks after taking delivery we received a letter in the mail from "Service Contracts" Chrysler Canada stating the Limited Lifetime Warranty - it was broken down as follows...

MS1 - Master Shield Paint Sealant - Expiry 06/11/2017

MS2 - Master Shield Fabric Protector - Expiry 06/11/2017

MS3 - Master Shield Rust Protection - Expiry 12/31/2049

MS4 - Master Shield Undercoat - Expiry 12/31/2049

I would recommend all these if you can talk the price down a little bit as we did. Dealer did a really good job (nothing dripping or oozing). I suspect they know their vehicles and have alll the proper equipment and trained people to complete the job professionallly.

Rolly's after prep as mentioned above is a great idea that I will also be following. We plan on having the truck for at least 5 years so it may also prove to be a good re-sale point. Parking in a garage if you have access is also a great paint and fabric saver.

• 2 months later...

I took my Journey in for rustproofing, fabric protection and undercoating today. On the weekend I had the paint treated with opti-guard and here is the before and after pics of the paint treatment. The opti-guard turned out fantastic.

http://www.autogeeko...ti-guarded.html

Edited by rolly

I went in yesterday for a paint sealant treatment called ZakTec. Took them 45 minutes to apply and I was very impressed. The sparkles in the paint look much more vibrant, and the color looks extra glossy. I believe this was a service included on the window sticker for an additional amount. I go in and have it applied every 6 months. I would recommend it out here in AZ.