Right accessories for 2012 black journey r/t

Chris1276

Hi im just new here and having my first vehicle! Im owning a 2012 journey r/t black.. I want some comment suggestion from the owner or somebody see a black journey on what particular accessorries i should buy to make it look good! And some advise when to shop online or here in our city! Im from Saskatchewan Canada!

Thanks any suggestion will be muchly appreciated!

Enjoy the new DJ.

I would guess the accessories to add would depend

on what the DJ came with in the first place and what

your personal tastes encompass.

Automotive specialty shops are always nice to browse

through before dumping a potfull of cash on a new vehicle.

Try Googling 4WD shops in your area or visit websites

such as Action Truck,Canadian Tire,NAPA Autoparts,

PartsSource etc.

Black trucks or SUVs look great with chrome accessories.

• Official Dodge Support

Hi im just new here and having my first vehicle! Im owning a 2012 journey r/t black.. I want some comment suggestion from the owner or somebody see a black journey on what particular accessorries i should buy to make it look good! And some advise when to shop online or here in our city! Im from Saskatchewan Canada!

Thanks any suggestion will be muchly appreciated!

Chris1276,

Congrats on your new DJ!

My suggestion is to check out our Mopar accessories at the link below.

There are a ton accessories for you to pick from and all carry a one (1) year unlimited KM warranty.

The easiest way to get them is to place your order with your dealer.

http://mopar.acc-acc.ca:580/web/accessories.php?webaccess=4A13F8D&vehname=2012%20Journey%20R/T&vehid=287|1593

Hope this helps!

I'm from Saskatchewan Canada!

I'm from just south of you in Regina and was just up in Saskatoon last weekend. Here is a photo of my car, granted it is only a 2010 but gives you an idea of the accessories I have installed, Chrome Step Bars, Chrome Mirror Caps, Chrome R/T Emblems, Chrome Gas Cap, Chrome Sills, Front Air Deflector & Sunroof Air deflector c/w "chrome edging", "Chrome" Buick Portholes, Chrome Clad 19" Wheels.

Terry

146733255.jpg

Edited by Windancer

• 1 month later...
Black is the new chrome!!!

Probably showing my age here......LOL, I like chrome more than Black, although a blacked out grille would be nice.

If you don't mind me asking, where abouts are you Mark?

Terry

146733255.jpg

Edited by Windancer

I'm in Saskatoon. I'll post some pictures of my grill someday

Was just up there, I have been there 3 or 4 times in the last month or two. In fact the photo above was taken on my last trip up there. As I posted elsewhere in this forum, I drove up there and back using Shell's mid grade gas in the vehicle and I got 9.3l/100 kms. which really surprised me. Trying to decide if the extra cost in gas and increase in mileage would be worth it over the long haul.

Looking forward to seeing photos of your backed out grille.

Terry

Edited by Windancer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
I'm from just south of you in Regina and was just up in Saskatoon last weekend. Here is a photo of my car, granted it is only a 2010 but gives you an idea of the accessories I have installed, Chrome Step Bars, Chrome Mirror Caps, Chrome R/T Emblems, Chrome Gas Cap, Chrome Sills, Front Air Deflector & Sunroof Air deflector c/w "chrome edging", "Chrome" Buick Portholes, Chrome Clad 19" Wheels.Terry[img=http://www.pbase.com/windancer/image/146733255.jpg]
. Hi everyone.mine 2012 R/T.white.put chrome fuel door and black bug deflector.im in Brandon MB

• 6 months later...

Hi guys newbie here. I have a 2012 RT model. I made a few modifications to give it a unique touch. Firstly in Australia we don't have the "blacktop edition" so this is what I done so far. Blackened the rims, blackened the grill, black RT stripes. What I'm trying to locate is black handles but no luck! (Finding heaps of chrome though!) I'm am thinking of replacing the Chrome lettering on the back of the car to black as well. I think it looks quite stealthy...Any other suggestions?

post-7758-0-51724400-1382535555_thumb.pn

Hi guys newbie here. I have a 2012 RT model. I made a few modifications to give it a unique touch. Firstly in Australia we don't have the "blacktop edition" so this is what I done so far. Blackened the rims, blackened the grill, black RT stripes. What I'm trying to locate is black handles but no luck! (Finding heaps of chrome though!) I'm am thinking of replacing the Chrome lettering on the back of the car to black as well. I think it looks quite stealthy...Any other suggestions?

Your vehicle looks beautiful! I'm totally jealous. I have the same color vehicle, except still have chrome everything. Did you use plastidip on the grill and wheels? I imagine you could do the same to the door handles, plastidip or spray paint them. How did you do the two strips? I love it!

Hey onecrazyfoo4u thanks for the compliment. Both the rims and the grill were painted and baked. The stripes are just car vinyl wrap in gloss took the angle from the red stripes in the badge. (plasticdip not sure what that is sorry.?) I don't want to spray the handles as they will wear quicker and don't know how hard it would be to wrap over. I asked the wrap guys and they said it would be okay but I'm not sure. The other thing I was thinking is to spray the brake calipers red, and get the badging black. (The Red will be matched to the Red in the Dodge logo).

I had a few nice comments. I don't wanna over do it...Its the less is more theory. Lol

Wow it looks fantastic, I love it!!! I removed my lettering and was gonna paint them black but they were very hard to remove and some of the letters broke so I decided to just leave them off all together. I just looked on ebay and I saw quite a few of them in black or you could have the guy that did your striping print them out in Vinel. I think they would look good that way too.

I found black door handles for you. I hope it works out. See link bellow.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/6000/i.html?_nkw=Dodge+Journey+Black+Door+Handles&_dmpt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&_rdc=2

Thanks for the tips and help. Problem is the handles are for left hand drive. The rear passengers will be fine but the driver door is on the opposite side and with the lock and buttons it will be on the wrong side.(Remember we drive on the other side here) :)

Maybe I'll do the vinyl thing and wrap them or at least a percentage of the handle. Thought Id try wrapping black with 2 small RT stripes across the grips..what do you think... too tacky?

Thanks for the tips and help. Problem is the handles are for left hand drive. The rear passengers will be fine but the driver door is on the opposite side and with the lock and buttons it will be on the wrong side.(Remember we drive on the other side here) :)

Maybe I'll do the vinyl thing and wrap them or at least a percentage of the handle. Thought Id try wrapping black with 2 small RT stripes across the grips..what do you think... too tacky?

Oh I didnt catch that part.....Sorry. I would atleast get the rear doors but dont install them until you figure out what your gonna do about the front. In my opinion I would think the striping on the grips would be a bit much. Why dont you just have them painted at a local body shop? Or just ask them if they can order some for you. Im sure they will know where to get them. Have you checked the Dodge dealer?

Im on a mission to find the black door handles for you. I hope you dont mind. I think this will work for you. It says in the discriptions that they fit the Journey and they also come in black but ask the seller just to make sure. Good Luck.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Color-Chrome-Door-Handles-2011-Dodge-Avenger-PICK-YOUR-COLOR-Grill-Wheels-/400525711688?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2010|Make%3ADodge|Model%3AJourney&hash=item5d41315948&vxp=mtr

Edited by DTSGUY

• Your Journey looks so sick! I have a 2010 SXT FWD and I've done a few things to it too. I am currently looking for tail light covers to give it that tinted look. I would also like to find a way to change the inside of the headlights to a different colour.

Why not just spray the tail lights with VHT night shades? That's what I've done in the past to get tinted tailights. Just personal preference, but I won't be spraying the tail lights on my DJ, I like the way the look stock (at least in 2012+ years).

Wow it looks fantastic, I love it!!! I removed my lettering and was gonna paint them black but they were very hard to remove and some of the letters broke so I decided to just leave them off all together. I just looked on ebay and I saw quite a few of them in black or you could have the guy that did your striping print them out in Vinel. I think they would look good that way too.

I did a bit of research on plasti-dip (as I'd never heard of it before..) and decided to give it a try on the emblems.. looking up pricing, it is so cheap in The States. ?.In Australia it cost me $30 a can! and to make things worse, the are only 2 distributors and 1 chain car store AND it wasn't the easiest to find...but finally located a reseller and purchased it today. ?. Was gonna wait till the weekend but was too excited to see how it works! I decide to try it out on the Dodge emblem. wow how easy is it to use! The only problem is the amount of time between each coat. I did 5 coats..2.5hrs later! But am really happy with the results. Just have the other badges to do... will update with a few pics when it's complete. I'm waiting for some badging that I've ordered to come which I think will give it that final touch.. can't wait! Once it's done I'm hoping it will be the only one like it in Australia. Thank you for the advice and for introducing me to Plasti-dip.

I did a bit of research on plasti-dip (as I'd never heard of it before..) and decided to give it a try on the emblems.. looking up pricing, it is so cheap in The States. ?.In Australia it cost me $30 a can! and to make things worse, the are only 2 distributors and 1 chain car store AND it wasn't the easiest to find...but finally located a reseller and purchased it today. ?. Was gonna wait till the weekend but was too excited to see how it works! I decide to try it out on the Dodge emblem. wow how easy is it to use! The only problem is the amount of time between each coat. I did 5 coats..2.5hrs later! But am really happy with the results. Just have the other badges to do... will update with a few pics when it's complete. I'm waiting for some badging that I've ordered to come which I think will give it that final touch.. can't wait! Once it's done I'm hoping it will be the only one like it in Australia. Thank you for the advice and for introducing me to Plasti-dip.

Ive PlastiDipped a few parts on my Journey and never had to wait long at all between coats. I just did a part this last weekend. I did it in the sun so it can dry faster. I did 4 coats and it took me about 30 min to complete. Heres the link to what I did. I hope to see pictures of your project when its done.

http://www.dodgejourneyforum.com/topic/5052-sun-glare-from-crome/

Ive PlastiDipped a few parts on my Journey and never had to wait long at all between coats. I just did a part this last weekend. I did it in the sun so it can dry faster. I did 4 coats and it took me about 30 min to complete. Heres the link to what I did. I hope to see pictures of your project when its done.

http://www.dodgejourneyforum.com/topic/5052-sun-glare-from-crome/

Wow that looks so pro... gotta say that plastidip is awesome...what a product! Will post some pics when I'm done on the weekend. I think I have the bug now... I heard rumours that dodge was looking at bringing out an SRT version of the Journey in the US next year...have you guys heard anything? We'll never get that here.

Its funny when I bought the journey...I'd done my research on the web prior and saw the us market rated it really well... when I got to the dealer I asked how come this car doesn't get much attention. The dealer said in Australia its all about Jeep, then Chrysler, then Dodge.. for Chrysler Australia, the Journey had no advertising only on Nitro when it was around..but now Fiat are here they're pushing the hell out of Freemont.. which is the same car but smaller engine, they only have the 2.4l version here. The journey is 3.6l and has a lot of balls! The only thing that annoys me a little is that Uconnect needs to be able to run videos from usb not just DVD.. especially in this day and age! where to keep the kids happy on long trips I could have a hdd or usb stick loaded with movies rather than taking DVDs in the car.