Any tips on Debadging my Journey?

I'd like to take the "D O D G E" off the back of my Journey and replace with a custom chrome lettering

I've read plenty of guides on debadging and most are straightfroward "heat and peel" or "heat and use dental floss" operations.

The only caveat is to beware of emblems that are pinned or bolted on. The guide of thumb was manufacturer logos or large emblems. Since the "D O D G E" is individual letters, I can't think there are holes underneath, but I want to be sure.

Has anyone debadged a 2012 Journey SXT? Is anything pinned or bolted on?

i always use some bumper sticker remover that you buy from any auto parts store just spray it on and let it set a little spray some more on and start lifting the edge of the letters or badges that you want removed you might use a plastic stick or scraper to help get under the edge. have never used any heat source to help remove them. done my 2011 right after i got it.

I'd like to take the "D O D G E" off the back of my Journey and replace with a custom chrome lettering

I've read plenty of guides on debadging and most are straightfroward "heat and peel" or "heat and use dental floss" operations.

The only caveat is to beware of emblems that are pinned or bolted on. The guide of thumb was manufacturer logos or large emblems. Since the "D O D G E" is individual letters, I can't think there are holes underneath, but I want to be sure.

Has anyone debadged a 2012 Journey SXT? Is anything pinned or bolted on?

I just did this the other day, I used a heat gun and Goo Gone. Worked very well. There are no holes under the letters.

^ pics please

Here is a pic of the D O D G E removed. I hated it. Not sure what I am going to put there but I have always seen any badging as a rust starting point. They trap dirt and water behind. I can also confirm dannyboy - there are no holes behind. Here is the pic... I also posted the pic in the gallery and provided a link to photobucket so you can see the full image.

100_4040.jpg

http://i816.photobuc...XT/100_4040.jpg

Edited by Rubberdude88

That does look great!

I'll hopefully get around to trying this over the weekend. My only other concern is color fade.

My Journey is the nice, dark Blue Pearl. Purchased in December of last year. How much fading might have happend over the course of a year? The new lettering won't fit over the old spaces. Will I have darker splotches underneath them?

• 1 month later...