Self turn while accelerate

mr_chief

Hello all,

I have a problem with acceleration with my car. When I started to drive the car self turn to right. The suspension is correctly set (checked twice for sure on a computer diagnostics).

Maybe someone have the same as me? Is this a problem with tires (orginal from the begining)?

Journey 2011, 3.6 CREW imported to Europe/Poland. 10000 miles

Edited by mr_chief

Possibly a dragging brake caliper? Bad tires? (try rotating them from side to side (front left exchange with front right and the same with the rears) - a bad tire will cause the problem to reverse, so it will pull left). Alternatively simply do a front-to-back rotation - if a front tire is a problem it will be less so, being in back.

Is the problem really just torque steering? Hard acceleration can cause a feeling of the vehicle wanting to wander. I am not a mechanic or an expert driver so I don't know a lot about the finer points of torque steering tendencies. My understanding is that torque steering forces change depending on engine torque, suspension, and steering combinations. Depending how much you accelerate and which way you are turning, that will affect the torque steer direction. Or maybe torque steer is always to the same direction, not sure. Obviously, a constant pulling to the right can be a million different things.

If it is significant, I think you need to take it to the dealer. Immediately. Steering is pretty important. So are brakes and tires as bramfrank suggests as possible causes above.

Peace.

• 2 weeks later...