Forum pictures problem?

silentdan

I've been seeing the same issues under both IE and Chrome, albeit it can be random. when I look via my phone (chrome on android), then it's better, but then again it's giving me a mobile site, so it's quite a bit different to the full site.

cheers!

Steph S.

Nope I have tried latest IE,Chrome and Firefox and the problem is still there so obviously its a Forum problem and not a browser problem.

Well, I've viewed a bunch of images from other posters without any issues at all. You guys may have local configuration issues with your computers, possibly the result of some plug-in or other you are running that I am not.

I'm trying something here . . . posting a few pics to see what happens:

2660335000048697046S200x200Q85.jpg 2219998540048697046S200x200Q85.jpg 2538693650048697046S200x200Q85.jpg

And it works fine for me. I'm running IE 9.0.4 on this computer - and I've just tried an XP machine and that also works fine, running IE 8.0.6

Edited by bramfrank

Oh - no one in this thread said it was board-hosted, only embedded.

I figured that no one would ever use that feature locally given the stingy storage limits the board imposes and the fact that much better and more flexible hosting is available out on the web for free, not to mention that I am active on several boards and using Webshots gives me a homogeneous interface and centralized storage. I looked at a couple of images before posting my comments and they all worked - So I gather that they were likely hosted externally, like my images because when I went looking through more of the gallery just now I saw the problem.

The solution is simple enough - just open a account with Picasa, Flickr, Webshots or any of the other sites out there and use as little of this board's truly abysmal, bloated software as possible. It's bad enough that 'back' requires 3 clicks.

Edited by bramfrank