How reliable are the 2011 DJ Crew?

silentdan

My local dealer is offering a 2011 DJ Crew and want to trade in my 2010 but I am reluctant in doing this as I don't want to give up one problem for another.

So my question is did they fix the brake issues of the previous models and is there anything else I should be aware of.I test drove the vehicle and was blown away the way it felt.It was like a totally different vehicle compared to my 2010.I would like to get as much info as possible before I even agree to this deal cause I am going to be upside down but I don't care cause the breaks on my 2010 are a major pain in my rear end right now and i am very frustrated.

Cheers!

I have had my 2011 for a year now. Almost no problems (one electrical problem fixed by dealer). No brake issues that I am aware of. Love the vehicle, plenty of power, quiet, great handling. I have been getting 25-26 mpg on the highway. Vehicles are like anything else, you roll the dice. I believe that odds are in your favor with a 2011 though. Good Luck.

Peace.

I have had my 2011 for a year now. Almost no problems (one electrical problem fixed by dealer). No brake issues that I am aware of. Love the vehicle, plenty of power, quiet, great handling. I have been getting 25-26 mpg on the highway. Vehicles are like anything else, you roll the dice. I believe that odds are in your favor with a 2011 though. Good Luck.

Peace.

From your mouth to God's ears and I hope that I finally get rid of the brake problem.

Thanks for the quick reply as well.Will update on how all goes.

Cheers!

my 2011 AWD Crew brakes warp quite easily. 15,000 miles and I'm due for another set of rotors.

Sorry to see you having the same problem like many of us.And just to update this thread a little I eventualy did not trade in my 2010 DJ for the 2011 Crew.The dealer was tryin to be a smart ass and offered me $15000 for my DJ with only 28000 Km.I told him to take his DJ Crew and shove it where the sun dont shine.

I will fix my brakes and will drive my DJ untill the wheels fall off.The car runs lke a dream it is only the brakes that are an issue.Other than that not a single problem.I use full synthetic on this car and take care of it very well.

Thank You all for the comments .

Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...

I traded up from a 2009 to a 2012. Went from an SXT to a Crew. The journey handles well, for my driving anyway, has lots of passing power when I want to use it, and is a comfortable drive. I say it has comfort because I have good support on the front seats whether driving or a passenger. Well, I have to keep an eye open when my wife drives! The only thing is I think my 2009 gave a smoother drive because it only had 17" wheels and the new one has 19" with a lower profile and I think I sense the bumps a little more. Maybe it's just me.