GPS/u-connect - built-in to all models? Can I get it?

Hi guys

Been a while since I've been on here. Lots of home projects and an incoming baby taking up all my time!!

Quick question and sorry if it has been answered before, I searched for it. I have a 2011 Journey CREW with the 8.4" touchscreen. I did not opt to get the GPS as it came in an expensive package and I did not need all the other stuff (including the GPS). WHat I wanted to know is, is there a module or software I can install to have the GPS functionality? I assume all the vehicles are pre-wired?

Same question for the u-connect, as it displays the logo on my screen already but I have no bluetooth!

Thanks guys

D

You'll have to change the radio and add the gps antenna. I don't know the price, there is a special kit to upgrade the 4.3 to an 8.4 with nav for $1799, and it includes the bezel, the screen and the radio. You don't need neither the screen nor the bezel, so your price should be lower, but maybe it isn't.

You may also need to change the upper wiring harness (in fact I'm almost certain you will).

You'd be better off trading in and up or, better yet, get a real Garmin Navigator and put it above the mirror (that's where mine is ) and run the wiring through the roof liner, down the right side piller and power it from the fuse block. Pick a model with free lifetime map updates and traffic and you'll be ahead of the game.

• 5 months later...

You'll have to change the radio and add the gps antenna. I don't know the price, there is a special kit to upgrade the 4.3 to an 8.4 with nav for $1799, and it includes the bezel, the screen and the radio. You don't need neither the screen nor the bezel, so your price should be lower, but maybe it isn't.

He said he has the 8.4" , he can do it with navtv kit $1699 , it works almost like factory, (you can't use the voice control with the garmin)

• Official Dodge Support

Hi guys

Been a while since I've been on here. Lots of home projects and an incoming baby taking up all my time!!

Quick question and sorry if it has been answered before, I searched for it. I have a 2011 Journey CREW with the 8.4" touchscreen. I did not opt to get the GPS as it came in an expensive package and I did not need all the other stuff (including the GPS). WHat I wanted to know is, is there a module or software I can install to have the GPS functionality? I assume all the vehicles are pre-wired?

Same question for the u-connect, as it displays the logo on my screen already but I have no bluetooth!

Thanks guys

D

If you have satellite radio in your 8.4, you just need the receiver (RB5).

Used should be under 300$

This is correct. The only additional thing that is needed is for the dealer to program the correct sales code in it.