Question about seat covers with integrated booster seats

Melanie

I just recently purchased a 2012 Dodge Journey Crew with integrated booster seats in the second row, it's being shipped right now :headspin: . I'm on a search to purchase seat covers that would work with the built in booster seats. One will be used full time, the other occasionally, so I need seat covers that will fit whether we are using the booster seats or not. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions. I've emailed a few companies but so far, no luck. Also, I ordered the Weathertech floor mats, any reviews on those?

Thanks so much

Melanie

Edited by Melanie

Congrats on the purchase Melanie. Booster seats are something I would have liked to have gotten in our crew as our 3-1 seat for the 3 year old is huge. But because they are unique to the Journey, I have a feeling you'll be hard pressed to find proper seat covers for them and may need to find a place locally that can do custom covers for you.

cheers,

Steph S.

Yes I don't believe you will find readymades for the built in booster

seats at least at this point in time.

I would Google "dodge journey+custom seat covers" to start with

and as Steph points out local might be better with regards to

measurements and trial fittings,probably not going to be inexpensive.

I understand the not tidy part; I had a Dodge Caliber previously and the kids were "allowed" to eat in the car, and the now three year old was notorious for hiding food under her car seat. The 10 year old wasn't much better and I found a partly eaten mini cheese wheel molding in the carpeting.

That said, passing a quick cloth and vacuum showed suprisingly clean seats with no stain, and this is with no scotch guard or similar, so the seats are pretty durable. I've still since implemented a no eating in the car rule because I'm the one usually getting stuck cleaning it....

@bigtsr - I've already googled searched and contacted several companies that "custom" fit their seat covers, none that have anything for the booster seats (which honestly, makes no sense to me - obviously there will be little piglets sitting there, at least in my case) You'd think that they would offer up an option for that. I wouldn't mind paying the extra money to protect the seats.

@Steph - The rule is always no eating in the vehicle, without fail, somehow food manages to make it's way in the vehicle and not just the food issue but also I have older kids that are in sports year round and get in the vehicle completely covered in dirt/mud, I'm going to talk to the dealership and see if he can direct me locally to someone who might possibly be able to custom fit something. I thought if I got desperate enough I would order the custom fit covers for the first and third row and then maybe get a pet cover for the second row, I guess it would be better than nothing. lol

Right now I'm driving a 1999 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport I bought brand new and has been literally beaten to a pulp lol I love the garbage bag/tarp idea. When I pull up to the school to pick the kids up in my new vehicle I can shrug and just say "keepin' it real" They would LOVE that! haha

When you are ordering seats covers, make sure that the seat covers have allowances for the side curtain airbags. You don't want to buy something that does not interfer with their operation, afterall the occupants in those seats are far more important then a clean seat. :dreamy:

Edited by doubleO7

Mohammadse - Did you order your seat covers online? What type did you get? My Caravan has approx. 150 thousand miles on it right now, it's been through 4 kids. 4 down, 3 to go, we'll see how well the Journey holds up. I did purchase the Weathertech floor mats already so hopefully they perform well.

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone who is interested, I have contacted I think just about every place I could find to make custom seat covers for the integrated booster seats with no success until I contacted pinkcaraccessoriesshop.com the response I received from them was this " Yes, we can make seat covers for the 2012 Dodge Journey Crew but since this is a new car we don't have the measurements yet and will have to request a picture with the measurements especially for the 2nd row with the booster seats."

It sounds promising

• 1 month later...

Melanie,

I purchased a 2012 Dodge Journey Crew with the booster seats and I am already noticing wear-and-tear around my 6 year olds seat. If I don't get seat covers soon my husband may make me trade my son in!!! Did you have any luck with the above mentioned link?

Any help you have would be much appreciated.