Tan weathertech mats - does anybody have them?

kramer

Hi.

I'm thinking in purchasing the weathertech mats. The leather seats in my car are tan, but the carpet floor is black.

Wich one do you guys think would fit better: the black mats, to match the carpet floor, or the tan ones, to match the seats?

Anybody has already bought the tan ones? I know it's not a perfect color match to the seats, but is it at least close?

Thanks!!

I have seen pics of the tan mats and I would imagine

the the contrast against the black carpet would be nice.

I have the black WeatherTechs as my upholstry is black

they clean up really well and so far no scrathing on the surface.

It would seem to be some form of injection molded hard plastic.

I like them as they make cleaning a simple task,the only thing

you might want to insure is that you order the ones with 2 floor

hook holes as the DJ and presumably the Freemount now use 2.

I wanted them before the 2 hole was sold so I just moved the hook

closest to the door over,a simple task once you look at its design.

You might want to check out Husky Liners also if they are availiable

in your market area as they are also very good although I am not sure

they are availiable in any colour other than black.

bigstr

My 2012 Journey hasn't arrived yet, but I have ordered the Weathertech mats. When you enter the year of your Journey, for 2012 it defaults to the 2 hooks.

kramer

Since you are coming from Brazil, you might want to check with the hotel where you are staying and ensure that they will accept the shipment on your behalf. I would also suggest contacting Weathertech to let them know your intentions before placing the actual order. If they have no problem deliverying to the hotel and the holel agrees to accept shipment, then you will have to give Weathertech some lead time in getting the mats to the hotel.

At the moment my mats are on back order (mine are black), so something like this could pose a problem for you if your stay is coming to an end and the mats are not there. Just something to keep in mind.

Double07,

I'm a regular guest at the hotel, so no problems about receiving the package.

But thanks for the advice about contacting the store before placing the order.

I was thinking in buying them through amazon, despite they are sold by a third part store, not by amazon itself. I still like that option because i have never had any problem with amazon, and even if the mats are not sold directily by them, any problem about cancelling or changing an order would be handled by amazon, not by the store.

But i never thought about buying directily from weathertech. I'll contact them and ask about their shipping policy.

Thanks a lot!

Double07,

I was checking weathertech website , and i have seen nothing about backordering on none of the journey mats.

I put them on the cart, filled all the shipping info, just stopped when reached the payment info.

At what point of the process did you get the info about the black mats being on back order?

Thanks!

kramer

Glad to here the hotel is not a problem.

In regards to my order, It was the next day after placing the order and receiving the shipping information, I received a second email stating that my order would be delayed as item was on back order. That was over a week ago, and I checked my order status today and it still says 'tracking number is pending". i ordered from the Canadian website of Weathertech, this may have something to do with the mats being on back order. If you ordered from the American website, your experience could be different.

I hope everything falls into place for you.

Regards

DoubleO7

Sad to say i won't be able to get the mats.

I`vew tried online shops, weathertech dealers, and the answer is always the same: these mats are never in stock, they have to be produced, then shipped, and the process would take about 2 weeks.

I contacted weathertech directly, but still no answer.

Very, very disapointing..

Thats what I figured with mine also, that they are manufactured when ordered. Can't blame them, with all the different vehicles that they would have to stock floormats for, it doesn't make sense to have a lot of mats in their inventory sitting there waiting for someone to order.

I hope you hear from Weathertech directly and can arrange something.

That's my last try, let's see how it ends.

But i found something very weird at the weathertech ebay store. Apparentily their interpretation for dual hook floor is one hook on the driver's side, and another on the passenger's side.

I wrote about it at the especific post about number of hooks:

Just got an answer from weathertech:

"Unfortunately this set of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd row Tan DigitalFit Floorliners is designed for a 2011-2012 Dodge Journey equipped with a single driver & passenger floor retention device." i believe this car in this configuration does not exist.

That sould be a dealbreaker, or can i just remove the hooks on the floor? Would the floor panel be exactly the same?

All these doubts, plus the possibility of the mats arrive after my departure, are making this purchase too risky.

Edited by kramer

Yes, i remebered you posted something like that, and searched all the other topics about the weathertechs, but forgot to check this very topic. I looked everywhere, except here, my bad...

Anyway, the shipping times put me down, i wouldn't arrive before my departure.

I'll try again when i come back tomthe US again.

• 3 weeks later...

I should be picking up my Rallye this week but I ordered the Weathertech mats around a month ago expecting a delay. I ordered black mats for all three rows on a Wednesday night and they were delivered to my door on Friday afternoon. I used standard shipping and ordered from Weathertech.ca. My mats are designed for two hooks on the driver side.

• 2 weeks later...

Update on the floor mats: They fit great. Perfect fit of dual hook models. I have the mats for all three rows and the cargo tray as we don't use the third row much but wanted the floors protected.

I recommend the digitalfit mats for anyone you wants a true fit floor mat that protects your floors year round. No more swapping winter/summer floor mats.

One note, I did find the front mats seemed slippery at fit, but after some use everything is fine.

• 2 weeks later...

I, on the other hand, haven't buy my ones yet, could only find the black ones with one hole here in Brazil.

I guess i'll end up buying those, as the tan are impossible to find here. About the hooks, i'll just remove them, as bigtsr suggested. But the biggest difference is the price, i'll have to pay almost 350 dollars, for just the 1st and 2nd rows. Pretty bad, but it will take a few months before i can go back to US, so, that's it.

Edited by kramer