12s with AWD have bigger brakes

So far ONLY R/T AWDs have I seen with the bigger ones, but we have had no crew AWDs in, so they may also have the biggers ones also, don't know. I will update as I see them. You sure yours doesn't have the bigger ones?

Do Crews with AWD exist in Canada? I thought AWD was only on the R/T up north?

Mine definitely has the calipers that are in your pictures of the smaller brakes. It was built in November of 2011. I'll swing by my local dealer and see which brakes are on the DJs on the lot.

You can't just put the bigger ones on, alot of parts are different. And they are not going to go swap rotor sizes under warr. As far as what gets the bigger ones, I have only stated what I have seen. So far ONLY R/T AWDs have I seen with the bigger ones, but we have had no crew AWDs in, so they may also have the biggers ones also, don't know. I will update as I see them. You sure yours doesn't have the bigger ones?

What is different? The rotors, calipers and pads?

Do Crews with AWD exist in Canada? I thought AWD was only on the R/T up north?

Mine definitely has the calipers that are in your pictures of the smaller brakes. It was built in November of 2011. I'll swing by my local dealer and see which brakes are on the DJs on the lot.

I just looked online, AWD drive only in R/Ts up here. For some reason I thought it was an option on Crew. Guess I don't pay enough attenion to options on the new stuff. I fix em, not sell em ! :-)

I just looked online, AWD drive only in R/Ts up here. For some reason I thought it was an option on Crew. Guess I don't pay enough attenion to options on the new stuff. I fix em, not sell em ! :-)

So now the question is, is it the R/T trim that's adding the bigger brakes or the AWD? No way to tell in Canada I guess since they're the same thing. I'll see what I can find on my dealer's lot.

So now the question is, is it the R/T trim that's adding the bigger brakes or the AWD? No way to tell in Canada I guess since they're the same thing. I'll see what I can find on my dealer's lot.

hdfxst above has a US SXT AWD above, and he says his have the bigger ones, so looks like its the AWD that gets the bigger brakes.

I question that. Mine was built after his and has the smaller brakes.

He may not be looking close enough at pics, very possible they are the small ones. His may look bigger, as he has the small wheels. Thats why I posted pics , both with the same wheels. Easiest way is to look at front caliper, the 2 styles look quite a bit different. Wish I could offer a better breakdown as to what has what, but have been able to find nothing listed anywhere.

He may not be looking close enough at pics, very possible they are the small ones. His may look bigger, as he has the small wheels. Thats why I posted pics , both with the same wheels. Easiest way is to look at front caliper, the 2 styles look quite a bit different. Wish I could offer a better breakdown as to what has what, but have been able to find nothing listed anywhere.

Yeah, that's why I'm not even trying to compare the actual rotor size. I'm just looking at the caliper style, and there's no question that mine match the calipers in your pics of the smaller brakes.

i didn't look at the caliper,i just looked at how much of the wheel the rotor filled in

Your wheels are 17", and the wheels in Moparman's pics are 19", so looking at the amount of space around the rotor won't tell you anything. The wheels are blocking most of the calipers in your pics, but from what I can see, they looks more like the smaller ones to me.