8.4 radio Can you download music to it.2012 Journey RT

I used to have an 09 avenger with the mygig radio that you can download music to.This 8.4 radio seems to do everything but down load music to it. Is there a way to put my music in the memory like the mygig radio.i know you can use a usb memory stick and put music on it then listen to it but would like to down load the music. Any ideas?

I have read the manual for the 8.4 and have never seen anything indicating you can save music to the radio like Mygig.

You can load music on a SD card and get the music from it. It will only support cards of up to 64GB.

I have never seen anything stating you can use a USB drive in the USB slot. The manuals only say you can put a iPod or similar device in the USB slot.

Caper: I stand corrected. That is so cool that it will run a USB drive. The Journey keeps getting cooler all the time.

Do you know will a run USB hard drive? Not a jump drive. But a full USB hard drive. It would be a great way to get all my music in the car without having to take the iPod.

I have a 64 GB SD card and will load it up to start.

I have read the manual. it is the only thing I can do at this point.

My car gets built tomorrow.

I don't know what the limit is for a full USB hard drive......How many songs do you need?

Even with a 64 Gig Jump portable drive you can more than likely drive 24 hours a day for a year and still not hear every song yet......LOL......Have fun with your Journey when it comes.......The USB port is inside the arm-storage area and lights up at night also along with the MP3 plug-in too.......So it's out of site "ALL" the time which I like.....Caper...................

Note to readers with the 4.3" display:

The radio has a design support limit of 1 Gig and 255 songs for USB storage devices for some reason.

No such limitation with iPods, though you should note that you CANNOT connect an iPhone to the USB port to use as a music source.

If you did a search here, you'd find that this has been discussed. There is no hard drive for music storage in the 2011 Journey radios.

Hey sorry for upsetting you show much with my first post,Are newbies allways treated this way. Shame Shame. I did a search and nothing came up thats the reason for the new thread.

Hey sorry for upsetting you show much with my first post,Are newbies allways treated this way. Shame Shame. I did a search and nothing came up thats the reason for the new thread.

I was simply stating a fact AND I answered your question. Not sure how you got that I was upset in any way.

Note to readers with the 4.3" display:

The radio has a design support limit of 1 Gig and 255 songs for USB storage devices for some reason.

No such limitation with iPods, though you should note that you CANNOT connect an iPhone to the USB port to use as a music source.

My 4s was the first thing i hooked up to my basic 4.3 uconnect. Works great. My only audio issue is a random audio hiccup every minute or so across all media formats. Very annoying. Has anyone else experienced this?

We have a 4.3 verson in our 2012 crew

Mine and my wife's iPhone 3GS work as normal, we have never had any issues with them, some times the only thing that happens is if we switch the phones without turning the journey off, they won't read the new iPhone that was just plugged in.

Just my 2 cents

Cheers

Edited by Darryl78

Hey Caper...

Yup we sure do, we have different tastes so who ever plugs in first, or needs to charge the phone at the time gets first rights to the cable.

We are using the normal apple cable that comes with the iPhone, and plug into the USB port in the arm rest!

Simple and easy, and so far all but the repeat functions work, just not sure if I found the button for repeat or there is not one?

Cheers!