2011 Journey after 1 year

drozz

A few more weeks and I will have had my 2011 Journey for one year, thought I'd write a little post to say how things have been so far!

In one year, my wife and I have put 33,000km on our Journey (glad we took the extended warranty up to 100,000km lol). This includes 1 round trip from Toronto to Boston, and one round trip from Toronto to Myrtle Beach, other than that, it’s our daily drive to work.

I've had the tires rotated 4 times in the year (4th time will happen this weekend on my next oil change). I've also found that the tires that came with our Journey (the 19' ones) suck in the snow, and next winter I will be looking for winter tires and rims for sure!

I've had to top up the Nitrogen in the tires once when all 4 wheel sensors came on at the same time.

Gas mileage is pretty good, normally showing around 11.5/100 though the amount of stop and go traffic really kills it (we have the crew with the V6).

Shortly after we got our Journey last year, we had major problems with the ABS system. It turned out the control unit had shorted out due to no seals around the module, but this took 3 trips into the dealer before they finally found the problem, since then, no issues with ABS.

We had problems with our brakes from the day we bought it, all the way into the fall last year, with the brakes making a really loud noise when stopping, and tons of brake dust on the rims. The dealer finally replaced the brake pads under warranty which fixed the issue, but that took 5 different trips to the dealer to get that fixed up.

All in all, I can say we both really love our Journey; there are still a few issues that still bug me to this day. The first is the Speedo defaulting to MPH even though they have flashed the unit 3 times now to fix it. Also the voice controls with Uconnect for audio playback still doesn't work (like play artist). My IPOD still has issues when plugged in, taking up to 20mins before the shuffle options are useable, and CD art is hit and miss. Another ongoing issue which I am going to have looked at is that we can't fill up the Journey to full at all, most of the time it cuts off at the 3/4 mark thinking its full, but I can put another 15L of gas in most times.

Also the voice controls with Uconnect for audio playback still doesn't work (like play artist). My IPOD still has issues when plugged in, taking up to 20mins before the shuffle options are useable, and CD art is hit and miss. Another ongoing issue which I am going to have looked at is that we can't fill up the Journey to full at all, most of the time it cuts off at the 3/4 mark thinking its full, but I can put another 15L of gas in most times.

Ditto for the stereo voice controls. Not sure what that is all about. It doesn't really bother me though. Voice controls for the phone, on the other hand, seem to work well. iPod shuffle delay is a weird quirk and is normal. Cover art is hit and miss for me as well. Again, whatever. . . I should be looking at the road anyway. I too have to pay attention when filling up, there are times when the tank does not want to fill to full. The only issue I have had is the SCCM/Clock Spring in the steering wheel went out and cruise control and other steering wheel controls were haywire until that was fixed. That took two trips to the dealer to get diagnosed correctly, then I had to wait for the part to be sent from Cleveland. So three trips in all. BUT, I love my Journey! Look on the bright side, you got Mango Tango. I was told that the R/T does not come in Mango in the US. Settled for the Pearl Red.

Peace.

Regarding the album art. Your Gracenotes database could be outdated. It also won't always recognize ripped songs from a CD depending on the settings or software you use. Also, not all legit albums get art. I have a British band "Jonah and the Whale" which isn't recognized in any way. All songs named track1 and up.

The 2012 Journey is no different filling up also...........I only hold the gas pump lever at about half when filling.........The seal around the hinged lid is very tight .........even worse if the gas pump has those round rubber over-flow rings on it.

The back pressure comming up the fuel tank filler neck is the issue here and filling up slowly is the only answer I found................People waiting behind me don't like waiting very long though!.....LOL......

so when at the pumps.........Don't sit and wait behind any Dodge Journey's ........You will need to wait longer...............Thanks for the review......................LOL..............Caper.......

1 year with 2011 crew: CHECK ENGINE LIGHT TWICE.VERIABLEVALVE TIMING SENSOR REPLACED,RIMS ALWAYS BLACK WITH BRAKE DUST.only 4,600 miles in one yr. no fillup problems!

I used the turtle wax bug & tar remover to clean my wheels last wash, seemed to inhibit a lot of the brake dust from accumulating on the wheels. Also heard that teflon bike cleaner works so well no dust accumulates at all. Got some, going to try that next wash. If it works as well as I heard, I plan to post under the exterior cleaning area. We'll see. . .

Peace.