Lockpick C8 alternative

According to Coastaltech, the C8 (http://www.coastaletech.com/LOCKPICKC8.htm) is not compatible with the 2012 Journey yet.

I did some digging and I found this, http://www.venturatechnology.com.mx/products.asp?product=VT-CHRNAVLINK-02

It looks like the exact same product as the C8 but from Mexico. It is even similarly priced and their website uses the same cameras pictures as coastaltech does. I emailed them and they say theirs works with the 2012's.

Has anyone ever heard of ventura technology and if its a good alternative?

According to Coastaltech, the C8 (http://www.coastaletech.com/LOCKPICKC8.htm) is not compatible with the 2012 Journey yet.

Are you sure? I asked Coastaltech about compatibility, and they said that it will work with the 2012 8.4. I sure hope they were right, because I already bought it. I'm just waiting for my Journey to arrive at this point. I'll post back after I attempt installation. If it really doesn't work, Coastaltech better take it back.

By the way, on the bottom of the Ventura site, it says "For Inquiries From The United States Please Contact Coastal Electronics". It looks like Ventura is just a Mexican distributor for the same Lockpick that Coastal Tech sells. I think whoever you talked to at Coastal Tech was just wrong. The lockpick should work on a 2012.

I can't seem to find the email that they sent me but it said somethign like "the 2012 is not on the compatability list but that could change so keep checking the website for changes".

I don;t see why it wouldn't work so it's probably a case of "lets say no till we try it". I look forward to your report as i would like to purchase one so i can install it when i get my Journey.

Are you sure? I asked Coastaltech about compatibility, and they said that it will work with the 2012 8.4. I sure hope they were right, because I already bought it. I'm just waiting for my Journey to arrive at this point. I'll post back after I attempt installation. If it really doesn't work, Coastaltech better take it back.

• 2 months later...

It looks like Ventura is just a Mexican distributor for the same Lockpick that Coastal Tech sells.

I think it's the other way round: coastal tech just rebadges and resell ventura's products: if you study the firmware updates available on coastal tech site, you'll they're actually made by ventura.