8.4 Uconnect...where is it??

dsomlo

What do you think the best way would be to confront the dealer about getting the credit for the lack of 8.4" screen refunded to me?

Dealers are allowed to price their vehicles any way they like - unless the window sticker on your vehicle says that it has an 8.4" display and it doesn't (and even then, because that omission would have been obvious had you inspected the vehicle at the time of delivery) you have no claim.

You negotiated a deal, entered into a contract, signed a receipt for delivery of the vehicle and paid (or arranged payments) for it.

The reality is that they weren't including 8.4s for a while and now they're back - every brochure and every price quoted says that dealers set their prices and that specifications are subject to change.

My dealer claimed my unit had Bluetooth - it doesn't, but then it isn't mentioned on the window sticker either. However unless it is specifically included on the bill of sale and is a built-in option that's missing I am obligated to take delivery once the contract is signed.

While I wish you luck I strongly suspect that you will never see the $1,000 you'd like to get from them.

Wow they let you take the car home? I don't think that'll ever happen with the Dodge's here in BC.

The dealer closest to my home (whom I didn't buy from) ordered up a fresh vehicle from inventory, attached a dealer's plate and tossed a set of keys at me when I was shopping - he told me to have it back within 24 hours and not to put more than 50 km on it. I brought it back the next morning and simply handed the keys to the receptionist - he never even bothered to follow up with me.

I was there with my then 17 YO daughter and SHE drove it off the lot with me following.

Haha, nope it wasn't. I knew I wanted the 8.4" screen so they gave me a 2011 with the 8.4 to try out.

I would have liked the 8.4 too although the smaler one is o.k too and does what we need .....but we needed a car soon as our wrx wasn't passing inspection because of the catalytic converter.

It sounds like most of the problems in this thread have to do with inept dealerships and buyers not getting enough info before buying. If you have a vehicle under warranty and the dealer keeps saying nothing is wrong, you are not screaming at them LOUD enough!! I love to make a scene when I'm being given the run-around...You have to stand up for yourself.

I'd have run screaming from any dealership that refused me a test drive!! Heck, my dealership let me take the Journey overnight before we made our final decision. Hopefully you never deal with that dealership again - and have another one near you. Nothing says thanks for being a jerk like taking your NEXT new vehicle (most effective with the same brand) and stopping by to say you didn't get this commission/sale because you're dishonest. Also advantageous to make this point fairly noticeably when their showroom is full of potential sales.

Yes, I did this to a Ford salesman once who didn't even give us the courtesy of a callback to discuss options. Stopped by with my new car from somewhere else and said you really should have called me back. I may be 'a kid' (early 20's at the time), but I was quite serious about buying a new vehicle. See? Tainted my chances of visiting that dealership ever again, even though he hasn't been there for years now. Nothing stings commission sales like knowing they lost a sale ... because odds are no matter what happens years down the road, they'll never choose to speak with YOU again. Why people go into service jobs who don't care about service is beyond me.

Long rambling aside, sorry your dad got roped by a shady salesman ... glad he likes the R/T anyway!!

i've done the same thing a couple of times. i was trying to buy a used 98 or 99 Jeep Cherokee from a ford dealer several years ago. I wanted a Cherokee to flat-tow a CJ5 we had. I kept getting crap from the sales rep which equated to a $500+ payment with our trade. I had gotten a trade quote from a Dodge Dealer for a new Durango for the same amount! I wanted that Cherokee pretty bad, but that was way out of my affordable range, so I reluctantly turned away from it. Two days later and after a different dealer bullied my wife for two days on some vehicles I did NOT want, I looked at a '98 Grand Cherokee that was a couple thousand outside my price range. I had a very good sales person and they wanted to make the deal. I drove it and fell in love with it. "somehow" they took my trade and still got my payment more than $150 less than what the other dealer was willing to sell a less-valuable vehicle for. i also drove to the two sorry dealerships and pointed out their failings. i also made a complaint against the bullying sales rep with the sales manager..... they tried some really low crap to try and force a "deal" with them.

I also encourage anyone to avoid a dealer that wont let you do a test drive. i did the same thing. i bought my wrangler from a valdosta dealer. when the challenger came out, they would not let you test drive it for fear of 'joyriders'. while i understand the approach, as a potential buyer, it turned me off. you had to pre-qualify for the purchase before a test drive was done... and you conducted your test from the passenger seat! the dealer that won my sale treated me like any other. tossed me the keys and said we'll see you in a few minutes. ...and when the salesman called trying to see if i was still interested in their challenger, i informed him that i bought one already from another dealer.

just plain silly.

• 1 month later...