My most recent Journey. . .

redtomatoman

Took a photo of my Journey before the race. . .

This trip threw everything except the kitchen sink at my Journey and it did very well. Hail, snow, two mountain passes, and driving an average of 80 mph with a bike on top; I still averaged 22.4 mpg over the length of the trip! Yay!

Still wish I had DRLs, I did learn that the fog lights do not work with the headlights in the auto position unless the headlights are on. No big deal, I suppose. During the snow I used the parking lights and the fog lights together. Worked fine. I guess I'm just lazy, I had to turn my lights on. Not used to having to actually do anything except steer. . . :lol:

post-4130-0-21047100-1321202312_thumb.jp

I thought the DJ does have DRLs, no? Can't you turn them on and off through the Uconnect screen?

I can choose them in Uconnect, but they don't work. Dealer told me that my Journey is not equipped with DRLs at all. Seems like if its equipped with headlights, I should be able to activate DRLs, but that is not the case evidently. :shrug:

Not an issue with Canadian Journeys ... DRLs are mandatory on all new vehicles since ... well ... a long time now. I believe (and could be very wrong here) that there is an additional module involved in having DRLs. At least I know that was the case with Ford F-150s a few years back when I had one and was on the forums regularly seeing American owners trying to find Canadian suppliers for the modules. Shouldn't be that hard of a part to find. Dealers should easily be able to get them. Not like it would be a rare part.

I previously drove a Dodge Caliber for 5-1/2 yrs so was active in that community.

Many of the US owners on that forumz wanted to run DRL's and found they had to be

activated by the dealer via Starscan programming/diagnostics system.

They were charged about $75 and no other parts were required.

Is it possible this is all that's required with DJ's?

Edited by bigtsr

Is it possible this is all that's required with DJ's?

Yup, that appears to be the case. There's another thread on here that talks about it. It appears that the dealer would need to call Chrysler and have them add the sales code for DRL to your vehicle in their system. Then, after 24 hours, the dealer should be able to flash that to your car via StarScan. I'll ask the dealer to do that for me once my car arrives.