Remote Control help

mikeeyd

My remote for my 2010 was in my pants pocket and went through the wash as well as a dry cycle. Dried it out for a few days and installed a new battery that was the same as the original but it does not work. Is there any suggestions or do I need to go to the dealer for a new remote?

• Official Dodge Support

My remote for my 2010 was in my pants pocket and went through the wash as well as a dry cycle. Dried it out for a few days and installed a new battery that was the same as the original but it does not work. Is there any suggestions or do I need to go to the dealer for a new remote?

Mike,

Put it in a sandwich bag with some plain uncooked white rice. Use the zip lock type or some other type bag that seals tight. Leave it in there for a day. If that does not work it may just be that the dryer bounced it around and knocked a connection loose.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Official Dodge Support

Thanks for the advice. I tried the rice but it did not work. Wenbt to the delaer and they gave me a new remote and programmed it and I was out the door in under 30 minutes.

Mike,

Glad the dealer was able to solve your problem in short order.

Put it in a sandwich bag with some plain uncooked white rice. Use the zip lock type or some other type bag that seals tight. Leave it in there for a day. If that does not work it may just be that the dryer bounced it around and knocked a connection loose.

That's a great suggestion, or bread etc. If you have a forced air furnace you could leave the Fob on a register for a few days, worked on a cell phone that was accidentally dropped into a sink full of water.

Terry