2011 Aftermarket Brakes Please Help !!!!

bobbobbins

2011 Journey 2500 miles has squealing brakes since day one. Had rotors resurfaced but still the frikin NOISE every time I stop.

Is is so loud people constantly look at me and it is quite embarassing. Dealers don't seem to be any help and except for the crappy brakes I love the vehicle.

So I was looking for some aftermarket brakes but all the places only have up to the 2010 model.

Has anybody found some nice drilled rotors and pads for the 2011 model ??

I'm desperate to fix this issue. Also, could I get them on the internet and then get some place like pepboys to install ?

Thanks for any help.

Bob

Unless they're worn or warped I personally wouldn't be touching my brakes - so they squeal? That isn't a problem in my opinion - I just hear the radio!!

Having said that:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Journey-09-11-F-R-Brake-Disc-Rotors-Ceramic-Pads-/360381751559?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3ADodge%7CModel%3AJourney%7CYear%3A2011&hash=item53e86d2107

Edited by bramfrank

2011 Journey 2500 miles has squealing brakes since day one. Had rotors resurfaced but still the frikin NOISE every time I stop.

Is is so loud people constantly look at me and it is quite embarassing. Dealers don't seem to be any help and except for the crappy brakes I love the vehicle.

So I was looking for some aftermarket brakes but all the places only have up to the 2010 model.

Has anybody found some nice drilled rotors and pads for the 2011 model ??

I'm desperate to fix this issue. Also, could I get them on the internet and then get some place like pepboys to install ?

Thanks for any help.

Bob

sorry to hear you are having a problem,but i would continue with the dealership until it is solved.i have a 2011 mainstreet with 8600 miles and have no problems with the brakes( hope that continues). only problem i have had was the metal that butts up to the bumper coming loose and they fixed the right side and now the left side is doing the same thing.it is going in next week to fix that and do another oil change. good luck on the brakes and let us know what happens or what you do

There was another topic going about this very same proublem. I have a 2011 Crew and had the issue with my breaks as well. i had it in 3 times and the dealer kept saying nothing was wrong, but the noise would keep getting louder. Finally took it in a 4th time, this time the dealer replaced all the break pads under warranty saying that the pads were too hard??? No clue about that as I am not much of a car guy. Anyways, all was good for a few months but now the noise is coming back yet again. We have 17k on the Journey already. I cleaned my rims a few months back to make them shine like new. 3 of the rims are still pretty clean, the 4th one is very black, so I am guessing that something is wrong yet again with the breaking system.

Unless they're worn or warped I personally wouldn't be touching my brakes - so they squeal? That isn't a problem in my opinion - I just hear the radio!!

Having said that:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Journey-09-11-F-R-Brake-Disc-Rotors-Ceramic-Pads-/360381751559?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3ADodge%7CModel%3AJourney%7CYear%3A2011&hash=item53e86d2107

Thanks for the link. They are nice and now squeal free at last !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gallery_4003_94_954418.jpg

Edited by bobbobbins