Just installed Park Distance Sensors, UConnect etc...

Hey all,

I just thought I'd let you guys hear about my recent upgrades. After I picked up my 09 SXT last month I ordered a bunch of stuff for it.

UConnect Bluetooth kit w/ iPod control

Park Distance Sensors

Remote Start

Foglight kit

Chrome Door Sills

I have already installed the Park Distance Sensors, Door Sills and the UConnect kit. I did order the recommended hole saws for the Parking Sensors. Made it much easier. Sensors work great. Kit included an LED array that installs in the rearmost pillar right in line of sight when your head is turned during reversing. The Sills look great. They looked really bare before the covers.

The Foglight, UConnect and Remote start all have to be activated at the dealer through their StarSCAN tool. I have yet to do this. I am on the fence about installing the Remote Start myself only for the fact that the instructions warn that the unit may be damaged if the vehicle is not scanned prior to installing the hardware. I have already installed the new turn signal switch assembly for the Foglights and will finish up the rest of the kit this weekend.

I contacted a couple of dealers local to me regarding the scanning to activate these features as well as the cost to install the Remote Start. Noting that I have an O/S recall for the door wiring harnesses I offered that service to them first. One of the dealers offered to activate my accessories at no cost if I brought it to them for the recall and Remote Start install. They quoted $225.00 for labour to install the Remote Start. The other dealer wanted $200.00 to install the Remote Start but wanted $150.00 to activate the accessories. Bit of a rip job me thinks. Need to make up my mind on what to do. If anyone has any experience with installation of the factory Remote Start system I'd love to get some feedback.

I'm really looking forward to having the Blutooth/iPod control working. I hope it works well. The only other things I am considering at this time are side step bars and new summer wheels. I have a set of winters that will be going on the factory 17's. I would like the factory 19's for a summer set and will keep my eyes out.

Cheers

Hey all,

I just thought I'd let you guys hear about my recent upgrades. After I picked up my 09 SXT last month I ordered a bunch of stuff for it.

UConnect Bluetooth kit w/ iPod control

Park Distance Sensors

Remote Start

Foglight kit

Chrome Door Sills

I have already installed the Park Distance Sensors, Door Sills and the UConnect kit. I did order the recommended hole saws for the Parking Sensors. Made it much easier. Sensors work great. Kit included an LED array that installs in the rearmost pillar right in line of sight when your head is turned during reversing. The Sills look great. They looked really bare before the covers.

The Foglight, UConnect and Remote start all have to be activated at the dealer through their StarSCAN tool. I have yet to do this. I am on the fence about installing the Remote Start myself only for the fact that the instructions warn that the unit may be damaged if the vehicle is not scanned prior to installing the hardware. I have already installed the new turn signal switch assembly for the Foglights and will finish up the rest of the kit this weekend.

I contacted a couple of dealers local to me regarding the scanning to activate these features as well as the cost to install the Remote Start. Noting that I have an O/S recall for the door wiring harnesses I offered that service to them first. One of the dealers offered to activate my accessories at no cost if I brought it to them for the recall and Remote Start install. They quoted $225.00 for labour to install the Remote Start. The other dealer wanted $200.00 to install the Remote Start but wanted $150.00 to activate the accessories. Bit of a rip job me thinks. Need to make up my mind on what to do. If anyone has any experience with installation of the factory Remote Start system I'd love to get some feedback.

I'm really looking forward to having the Blutooth/iPod control working. I hope it works well. The only other things I am considering at this time are side step bars and new summer wheels. I have a set of winters that will be going on the factory 17's. I would like the factory 19's for a summer set and will keep my eyes out.

Cheers

Looks like you're well on your modification trail like me. I installed an aftermarket wireless distance sensor kit by Wagan Tech (P/N 2455). I installed the monitor in the top inside section of the hatch which puts it in view of the rear view mirror. The system works well and the interior panels come out fairly easily for installation.

You're right in the door sill covers make a world of difference in appearance. And one would think these would come on at least the R/T and LUX trim levels.

A lot of dealer service departments are hesitant to modify a vehicle's program from stock. And there are many that don't understand the procedure even though the Star Scan will walk them through most of it. You already found some don't think of good customer service and future business like the one dealer you mentioned.

On the wheels I don't have to deal with harsh winters so the same wheel/tire setup can be run year round. I replaced the 17" wheels with 18" American Racing AR95T with 235/60R-18 107V Nitto NT850+ CUV. I went with 18" wheels due to tire cost if I went with 19" (you might as well go 20" ). If you go with aftermarket wheels make sure you ask if they require hub centric rings or not (the AR95T does). It makes a world of difference for wheel location keeping them hub centric instead of just lug centric.

• 2 weeks later...

As noted in my original post I was keeping an eye out for a set of OEM 19" wheels.

Well as luck will have it I found a set of 19" wheels off a wrecked 2010 with practically

new tires. Rims are mint. One tire had a small area on the tread that was scrubbed

sideways which must have happened when it got hit. They run true and silent so

apparently no real damage. Tires look to have at least 90% tread.

I love Kijiji. Got them for a steal.

Now to mount my X-Ice tires on the original 17" rims and I'm good to go.