Bumper Cover for 2011

redtomatoman

I tried the German made Journey rear bumper cover for my 2011 R/T and it did not fit correctly. I used an aftermarket bumper cover that is intended for the caliber. The width is nearly perfect. The fit is pretty good. Curvature could be more and I wish it was a little larger, but it will help to protect the bumper when I have to stand on it to get bikes off the roof. Looks pretty good too. Photo is attached.

post-4130-0-06099200-1314394188_thumb.jp

I tried the German made Journey rear bumper cover for my 2011 R/T and it did not fit correctly. I used an aftermarket bumper cover that is intended for the caliber. The width is nearly perfect. The fit is pretty good. Curvature could be more and I wish it was a little larger, but it will help to protect the bumper when I have to stand on it to get bikes off the roof. Looks pretty good too. Photo is attached.

Yes it is smaller but I like the looks of it. It protects the major area that you would be standing on or dragging stuff out of the luggage area. :rockon:

When you say the German one, are you talking about the one that I believe is available through AutoXclusive? I thought that was made to fit the Journey, so I am a little surprised it didn't fit. I believe a few other users have used it on their Journey. Could you elaborate on what part didn't fit correctly? or what it looked like? I was strongly considering getting it for my Journey, but am a little hesitant with your post that it doesn't fit correctly.

When you say the German one, are you talking about the one that I believe is available through AutoXclusive? I thought that was made to fit the Journey, so I am a little surprised it didn't fit. I believe a few other users have used it on their Journey. Could you elaborate on what part didn't fit correctly? or what it looked like? I was strongly considering getting it for my Journey, but am a little hesitant with your post that it doesn't fit correctly.

I can't remember the exact manufacturer, but Autoxclusive sounds familiar. Anyway, the bumper cover evidently fits the '09 and '10 rear fascia. I guess the front and rear fascias changed ever so slightly for the '11 model. When I put mine on, it almost fit, but it was too deep, meaning it had a 1/4 inch gap all along the rear edge of the bumper. That gap would have been perfect for snagging all sorts of things and I believe the cover would have eventually snagged something to tear it off. It also didn't fit snug enough along the right and left sides of the bumper. I think I paid $139.00 USD for the thing so I wasn't about to modify it to fit correctly and then run the risk of it coming off prematurely. I only paid $42.00 USD for the caliber cover.

I think the caliber version is a good compromise. I only installed it yesterday, so I will have to see how it weathers. The caliber cover comes with two strips of the 3M adhesive, but I put on some extra 3M automotive tape to help adhere it more securely. The surface of the '11 model bumper is not flat, so I wanted to be sure I got as much adhesive tape on the thing as possible. Still no guarantee though.

I wish the original Journey cover would have fit because it would have looked better and offered more protection, but I wasn't happy with the satisfaction to price ratio. :)

Hope that helps.

Peace.

I hit many automotive trim suppliers today,NAPA,PARTS SOURCE'CANTIRE,AWD SPECIALTIES,HAMILTON

AUTOMOTIVE,RIVA TRUCK SPECIALTIES and finally SHERWOOD AUTOMOTIVE in Ariizona.

Sherwood supplies a number of auto accessory stores in the US.

Came up dry on every one of them with regards to the scuff pad for the bumper of the 2011 DJ.

I did have one tell me if I can supply a manufacturer name they will bring it on special order.

I can't even find the one I installed on the '07 Caliber I had so if anyone can supply a name

I would appreciate it.

Yes I know about the the autoexclusive/Sherwood link but on the phone and

later a confirming email they say that the black one does not fit the 2011 DJ

and they are waiting on their supplier to spec it out and start production.

Sorry, I misunderstood your last post, that had sherwood included in where you checked at, and misread that they needed the part information. Sorry for the confusion.

What would be interesting to note - According to their eBay store, the black doesn't fit the 2011, but the silver one does fit the 2011? Were they able to confirm the silver one works for 2011's? I would think with that information they may be able to spec it out?

Sorry, I misunderstood your last post, that had sherwood included in where you checked at, and misread that they needed the part information. Sorry for the confusion.

What would be interesting to note - According to their eBay store, the black doesn't fit the 2011, but the silver one does fit the 2011? Were they able to confirm the silver one works for 2011's? I would think with that information they may be able to spec it out?

Quite honestly I never inquired about the silver one as I preferred the black one.

I was in Hamilton ON this am and checked with "ACTION CAR AND TRUCK ACCESSORIES"

on Lake Ave N. and they have the large format similar to the one I had on my Caliber

for $36.00 so I ordered one of those,it's sold under the brand name of "POWERFLOW".

I should have Friday or Saturday.

Quite honestly I never inquired about the silver one as I preferred the black one.

I was in Hamilton ON this am and checked with "ACTION CAR AND TRUCK ACCESSORIES"

on Lake Ave N. and they have the large format similar to the one I had on my Caliber

for $36.00 so I ordered one of those,it's sold under the brand name of "POWERFLOW".

I should have Friday or Saturday.

If it fits, post back with a pic if at all possible:)