Pine tree resin

steond

I just discovered some staines of pine tree resin on the roof of my DJ while washing it. I has to be from last weekend camping, when I parked the car under trees. Does anyone has an experience how to remove it and not to damage the paint? The sulfuric acid I'd keep as a last solution :-)

Thanks for help.

I just discovered some staines of pine tree resin on the roof of my DJ while washing it. I has to be from last weekend camping, when I parked the car under trees. Does anyone has an experience how to remove it and not to damage the paint?

Hot water to soften it up??

Terry

Edited by Windancer

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Nail polish remover worked well for me, on the glossy-painted parts only. After you melt the sap away, rinse off the area with water.

Do not use nail polish remover on flat black parts, e.g. around the doors.

I have an aquaitance who does auto detailing for a living and he also recommened nail polish remover using a piece of soft cotton.

steond: Just remember that anything you use will also remove any paint protection that you have, you will have to re-apply any sealant or wax that was on that area.