Lockpick for uconnect touch

For what it's worth, I recently installed the Lockpick on my 2011 Lux 8.4n...

Everything works fine, as advertised. I have the factory reverse camera and when I activate it through the Lockpick the picture quality is the same as when it's shifted into reverse.

Install was maybe 30 minutes, taking my time and being careful. One could probably do it in 10 minutes if they wanted to. Tucking in all the wires and the Lockpick itself was probably the longest part. I found if you unbundle the wires (take off the rubber band that comes wrapped around the wires) it makes it easier to tuck them in. The Lockpick itself I tucked into the void to the right of the radio.

I watched the video on Coastal Tech's website on how to remove the trim and what-not, which really helped.

Yeah, packing all the extra wires back in was definitely the hardest part. Everything works fine, but it's annoying that the Nav always reads your speed as 0mph when Override is enabled. I know this is part of the lockpick tricking the head unit into thinking it isn't moving, but it's still annoying. Without it, I often notice the speed on the Nav turn red when I inadvertently go over the speed limit. It's not like I can't live without that, but it's a feature I like. Now I find myself constantly turning the Override function on and off constantly as I need it. I'd much rather be able to leave Override on all the time but also have the Nav display the proper speed. Doesn't look like there's a way to do that though.

Can someone tell me what cable I need to use the video off my Ipod after I install my lockpick C8. Also does the cable run to the lockpick or can it run thru the cars factory usb.

You'll need the Apple Composite AV cable. It will need to plug into the Lockpick. I would recommend extending the composite video cable from the Lockpick to the glove compartment if you're planning on using it that way. I didn't bother since I have composite inputs on the back of the center console. I did, however, run the USB cable from the Lockpick to the glove compartment so I won't have to take the dash apart again to do a firmware update.

You need that apple composite Av cable which can be found here; http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC748ZM/A

The RCA ends (yellow, red, white) go into the lockpick and the USB cable would go into the USB jack in the centre console.

My journey hasn't been delivered yet so I can't double check, but you may need to extend the RCA cables depending on where you store the lockpick.

Edit: looks like generaltso beat me to the reply, am I wrong about the USB jack? I assumed it went into the cars USB jack....

Edited by Teambedlam

am I wrong about the USB jack? I assumed it went into the cars USB jack....

You could plug the USB jack in for power if you want, but it's not going to send video through the USB port. It's possible that plugging in the USB will actually prevent controlling video from the iPod like it does with audio. I'll have to try it and see.

Yes the USB plug is just for power and The video is controlled by he iPod. I hadn't thought of wether or not plugging in the USB would override control or not. Let me know what you find. As I'm still waiting for my journey :(

As I suspected, you can't control the video on the iPod if you have the USB plugged into the center console. It puts the iPod into "accessory" mode, which prevents you from controlling music or video. If you want to use the USB for power and still maintain control from the iPod, you would have to plug a USB adapter into the cigarette lighter plug.

Just wondering if warrenty issues are covered with lockpic installed. My Journey has been in the shop two whole days so far with radio issues. No AM/FM in the mornings. It has had a few TSB's done already. Dealer wants to put whole new radio in, Dodge says no. Dealer has to prove the radio is bad before they will replace the $3,700 radio

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

hello

thank you very much for your explanation and pictures. i have just installed the lockpick c8 in my new fiat freemont awd (european version of journey). Without your picture, i couldn't have made it. Now it works fantastic!!!

it's easy but tricky. Pacience and time is the key. get out of stress for doing it!!!

I 've published this useful information in the spanish forum for dogde and fiat freemont, mentioning that i took it for here. I'm not sure if it's allowed to mention other friendly forums here, please edit if not correct.

www.dgw.es

thanks again!!

bye

xmax31