Hi, we bought the 2011 dodge journey and it was suppose to have the u-connect 8.4. What is u-connect suppose to be because the one in my dodge ram is voice activated with phone. The journey we bought has the RB5 U-Connect Touch 8.4 CD/DVD/MP3/NAV, but does have the u-connect features. We were told it is not available in Canada, is this true? Can anyone help me? Thank you

Hi, we bought the 2011 dodge journey and it was suppose to have the u-connect 8.4. What is u-connect suppose to be because the one in my dodge ram is voice activated with phone. The journey we bought has the RB5 U-Connect Touch 8.4 CD/DVD/MP3/NAV, but does have the u-connect features. We were told it is not available in Canada, is this true? Can anyone help me? Thank you

If I understand your post, you have the 8.4n WITHOUT the buttons on the steering wheel for voice control.

The Uconnect Voice Command was a seperate option for $300. Most dealers did not know that and had assumed that the 8.4n would come with it...

They have recently changed the name of the 8.4n from Uconnect to "Radio, Garmin Navigation" to avoid some confusion... Too late for a lot of people!!

That is the main reason that I am STILL "Journeyless." I wanted Voice Command, and I didn't want the chrome 19" wheels, so had to order from the factory.

Yeah, I was another customer who thought this too. My 8.4n doesn't have voice command either. My last vehicle being a 2008 Grand Caravan, had "UCONNECT TOUCH". So I figured when I saw it listed as well on the 2011 Journey R/T, that was exactly what I was getting this time around too. WRONG! Now I will have to shell out another $300 if I can even get it here in Canada!

• 2 weeks later...

UConnect is available in Canada. I have a 2011 RT and it came with both voice command and UConnect Bluetooth and both work great with mine and my wife's Blackberry's. I was suprised when I was shopping around for the Journey as many dealerships did not order the car with UConnect, which is a seperate feature from the Voice Recog. Considering in Ontario you can only use handfree while driving, you would think that the dealers would order all their models with UConnect automatically. I am not sure if I beleive that they did not know as my dealer has a few Journey's on order we could choose from when we were looking for ours and some still did not have the Uconnect ordered with it, and they haven't been built yet, just on order.