Tires and Wheels Canada

SaskGuy

Just wondering if anyone has come across a good (cheap) place to purchase tires and wheels online that ship from Canada?

I had priced out some 17's for winter tires from Tirerack and was quite impressed with the site and price, until I found that the shipping would be $400!!!!

I have all summer to find a set so I have time to shop!!

1010tires.com and ottawatiresdirect.com are Canadian. I'm sure there are others.

I went with 16" wheels and steel rims for my winter tires. Much cheaper and much more selection than 17" winter tires. The correct tire size is 225/70R16. I bought a set of Gislaved Nordfrost 5 tires. They are fantastic. Got them for my wife's Fusion last year. Best winter tires I've had and I've been using winter tires for 15 years.

1010tires.com and ottawatiresdirect.com are Canadian. I'm sure there are others.

I went with 16" wheels and steel rims for my winter tires. Much cheaper and much more selection than 17" winter tires. The correct tire size is 225/70R16. I bought a set of Gislaved Nordfrost 5 tires. They are fantastic. Got them for my wife's Fusion last year. Best winter tires I've had and I've been using winter tires for 15 years.

Thanks.. I'll check them out.

Thanks for that info and advice, I was also wondering about going to a 16 for winter.

• 1 month later...

Hi, can you post photo of your Journey with the 16" wheels and steel rims. I assume these steel rims are OEM, right? Thanks.

Hi, can you post photo of your Journey with the 16" wheels and steel rims. I assume these steel rims are OEM, right? Thanks.

Haven't had the winter tires on for a few months now. Will have to look through my camera to see if I happen to have a photo of it with the winter tires on. Yes, the rims are OEM.

Haven't had the winter tires on for a few months now. Will have to look through my camera to see if I happen to have a photo of it with the winter tires on. Yes, the rims are OEM.

No worries on the photo. Only if it was readily available. But thanks for response.

I got lucky and found a set of Town and country takeoff 17s for 450$ in the US(shipped to the border). I also got 4 TPMS sensors brand new OEM from the US (shipped here) for 95$USD. When the time comes for the winters I'm definetly getting them from the US. We get raped here on the prices!

Did you get the rims through the dealer? Or from somewhere else? What did they cost you if you don't mind me asking?

I got the rims and tires from Simply Tire in Toronto. They source the OEM rims themselves. I believe they are the Dodge Grand Caravan 16" rims, which happen to be exactly the same for the Journey.

The Nordfrost 5 tires are the best winter tires I've ever had and I first started using winter tires in 1995.

I paid $833 + HST for everything.

• 2 months later...

I got lucky and found a set of Town and country takeoff 17s for 450$ in the US(shipped to the border). I also got 4 TPMS sensors brand new OEM from the US (shipped here) for 95$USD. When the time comes for the winters I'm definetly getting them from the US. We get raped here on the prices!

I know this is an older thread, but just to confirm these are direct bolt, no issues with spacing from the calipers or brakes? Have the opportunity to grab 17" rims and tires from a Caravan SXT.

Thanks in advance!

drozz - By the time you factor in shipping and duty costs, you won't save any money over buying the rims locally.

I used Simply Tire for winter tires for both my cars and they were great. www.simplytire.com

So any of these will work?

Journey (2008+)

16” Options:

Option 1 - $700.00

4 x 225-70-16 Hercules Avalanche Extreme

4 x 16x6.5 Steel Wheels

4 x Plastic Tire Bags

4 x Mount, Balance and Install

Option 2 package with Hankook RW07 iPike - $760.00

Option 3 package with Bridgestone Winterforce - $810.00

Option 4 package with Gislaved Nordfrost 5 - $890.00

Option 5 package with Yokohama Geolander I/T G072 - $890.00

Option 6 package with Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow - $910.00

Option 7 package with Toyo Observe G02 - $970.00

Option 8 package with Michelin X-Ice Latitude - $1,020.00

I bought the Nordfrost 5 package. Amazing winter tires!

They had to smooth the outside of the front calipers(basically remove the bumps) for the rims to fit without touching but they do this on many vehicles. My 16" rims were from the Caravan and they sometimes have to do this for those rims. They can also get the actual 16" steel rims for the 2011 Journey but they cost more.

You can call them and tell them you have a 2011 Journey and ask about the price difference between the 16" Caravan steelies and the 16" Journey steelies. Both fit but the Caravan steelies are a tighter fit that sometimes requires them having to smooth out the outside of the front calipers.