Different Fascias?

SRTst

HI,

New here so first of all HI!

Wife and I are looking into buying a new 2011 R/T (Canada). We test drove one today and liked it but want different options, however, while flipping thru websites/brochure I realized there was something different about pictures in the sections of brochures... Front bumpers are totally different on 2 "R/T" models... I like the new style much more then the ones dealers have in stock. I'm now almost tempted to say screw it and order one just so I would get those newer style bumpers, even tho I will have to wait 2 months.. Did anyone buy one with the newer style front bumper or is this just a marketing scam where they use Fiat style bumpers to drag you in then sick you with the older style bumper...

I have seen that there is a difference in the rear bumper as well..

Old:

2011-Dodge-Journey-Front-Side-590x442.jpg

New

2011-Dodge-Journey.jpg

Thanks for posting the before and after. In another thread I posted that ours (bought in March) was the newer fascia but it is obvious from your pictures that it is the old. To be honest I think I like the old better. It seems kind of odd these mid-year changes.

Well we did some more digging. From what I've been hearing, the initial idea was to introduce the new bumpers for late 2011 availability however it appears that first time we will see these is once the 2012 model year gets rolled out. According to Chrysler Canada, last day you can order 2011 is April 29th and the car has to be built by June timeframe. So the new bumpers will likely come in as of July ---->...

Well we did some more digging. From what I've been hearing, the initial idea was to introduce the new bumpers for late 2011 availability however it appears that first time we will see these is once the 2012 model year gets rolled out. According to Chrysler Canada, last day you can order 2011 is April 29th and the car has to be built by June timeframe. So the new bumpers will likely come in as of July ---->...

Just to update this. My wife called Chrysler Canada as well and the person she spoke with said she will have to look into it. She did follow up with us few days later (today) and said that every Journey built after February 28th will have the new bumpers.

Thanks for all of the digging!!!!

I was going to call my dealer and ask him about this, but I think I bothered him enough with my tire questions, paint shortage questions, trailer wiring questions........ HAha

I think I read too much

Edited by SaskGuy

Just to update this. My wife called Chrysler Canada as well and the person she spoke with said she will have to look into it. She did follow up with us few days later (today) and said that every Journey built after February 28th will have the new bumpers.

Thanks for all the digging and update on this. I ordered my 2011 R/T on February 4 and it was built on March 24, shipped out March 29. It should reach Toronto, on buy April 14, 2011 according to my truly amazing dealer/sales rep (they have been great so far). Once I receive it I will update which bumpers came with it. Hopefully the new ones...and thank goodness it was painted BEFORE the paint shortage...Blackberry :).

yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. you sir have just made my day. our journey was ordered way after that date and i'm certain we will get the new more aggressive and nicer looking fascias.

and for those of you that haven't seen the rear fascia, here's what it looks like. IMHO looks much better with the extra lights and the rear air diffuser(plastic things around the exhaust tubes).

201120Dodge20Journey208.jpg

Old: 2011-Dodge-Journey-Front-Side-590x442.jpg New 2011-Dodge-Journey.jpg

Regarding the fascias both front and rear, IMHO the older one is cleaner, the new one is more aggressive. I have a 2010 R/T so I am somewhat biased seeing as I have the old one. I do agree they should have something to set it apart from previous years. Only you can decide which is "Nicer"

Terry

Old: 2011-Dodge-Journey-Front-Side-590x442.jpg New 2011-Dodge-Journey.jpg

Regarding the fascias both front and rear, IMHO the older one is cleaner, the new one is more aggressive. I have a 2010 R/T so I am somewhat biased seeing as I have the old one. I do agree they should have something to set it apart from previous years. Only you can decide which is "Nicer"

Terry

i certainly agree with you that the older fascia is a much cleaner look and not as much forced as the newer one, but when it comes to me, i like more aggressive, as you can see that from my charger. :drop:

• 4 weeks later...