Ordered SXT last week...now the wait begins!

crepead

Good morning everyone,

I put in my order last week and now my wait begins. I'm hoping to have it at least by the beginning of August since we are taking a trip to Nova Scotia and it would really come in handy with 2 kids.

Ordered the SXT with Rear Video Group 1 and Safe and Sound Group.

Congrads crepead! The wait is long but worth it in the end. I'm trying to figure out why Chrysler is not increasing production since it looks like they have a hit on their hands. I even hear of people getting offered more money than they paid after receiving their Journey. What's up with that? Maybe they are playing some kind of game like "Keep it scarse and people will buy more". Who knows? Maybe someone has some insight into this!

Keith

Congrads crepead! The wait is long but worth it in the end. I'm trying to figure out why Chrysler is not increasing production since it looks like they have a hit on their hands. I even hear of people getting offered more money than they paid after receiving their Journey. What's up with that? Maybe they are playing some kind of game like "Keep it scarse and people will buy more". Who knows? Maybe someone has some insight into this!

Keith

I don't mind waiting....I just hope I have it in time. I would have ordered sooner had I known that it would take this long. I totally agree with you they should bump up production to keep the customers happy. We test drove a few similar vehicles but once we had tried the journey we were hooked....and with 2 kids the extra storage and coolers are just great for road trips.

Keith

Im with you on this one... they must have months of orders. I ordered my Journey SXT, (loaded with NAV) on April 17th, I have had my VIN for a couple weeks and had 'a friend' check on the status and I just found out yesterday my build date is not scheduled until June 16th, then 2-3 weeks to shop to Canada (Ontario) Considering my Caliber is off lease June 7th, Im not to happy with the long wait, 8 weeks until build?? geez!

Im with you on this one... they must have months of orders. I ordered my Journey SXT, (loaded with NAV) on April 17th, I have had my VIN for a couple weeks and had 'a friend' check on the status and I just found out yesterday my build date is not scheduled until June 16th, then 2-3 weeks to shop to Canada (Ontario) Considering my Caliber is off lease June 7th, Im not to happy with the long wait, 8 weeks until build?? geez!

Just got a call from my dealer and he got word that it will not be ready for August...so he is now searching for one that has similar options that I wanted...looks like I may be SOL. Really was looking forward to getting one for our trip to Nova Scotia but may have to look at something else now.

Just got a call from my dealer and he got word that it will not be ready for August...so he is now searching for one that has similar options that I wanted...looks like I may be SOL. Really was looking forward to getting one for our trip to Nova Scotia but may have to look at something else now.

Oh no can you please expline more. Is the dealer saying the waite time is past the date you need it by or. Is it that they have more orders then they can fill.

Oh no can you please expline more. Is the dealer saying the waite time is past the date you need it by or. Is it that they have more orders then they can fill.

Not sure what the deal is except that he said he talked to his rep and he does not expect it to be here for the first week of August. I ordered the SXT with Video Group 1 and Safe and Sound Group. He said he is now searching for a similar one ou there...but is finding that the ones he is finding have my options plus 4-6 more...and since I am leasing for 2 years I don't want all the other options that I don't need but are going to add to the monthly payment. I was getting excited and didn't mind waiting till August but now I'm bummed out...I need to find one for the trip to Nova Scotia...because I really don't want to take the Grand Prix with 2 kids and all that luggage..

I am also in Ontario, and frfom the order date to delivery to dealership was 7 weeks, that is a fully loaded SXT AWD.

Either there are too many customer orders, or they are running a diffeent model on the production line.

Hang in there, you might me surprised!!

Rick.

When did you order yours?

When did you order yours?

I'm not sure how everyone else is suppose to receive their Journey's before Sept...because I just got a call from my dealer and he said the one I ordered won't be here till Sept. Said something about the rep told him they don't want any 2009's on the lot with the 2008...until Sept. So if I want the one I ordered I have to wait till Sept. Is anyone else getting this from their dealers?

I'm not sure how everyone else is suppose to receive their Journey's before Sept...because I just got a call from my dealer and he said the one I ordered won't be here till Sept. Said something about the rep told him they don't want any 2009's on the lot with the 2008...until Sept. So if I want the one I ordered I have to wait till Sept. Is anyone else getting this from their dealers?

I heard that any new orders will not be recieved til the fall as well but it was because of suppliers tring to keep up with the demand, who knows I guess. I don't think it is the fact of 09's on the lots with 08's cause the 08 are already starting to be discounted. The 09 Ram should be hitting the foors up here in the fall as well. The 09 Challenger is on the road in the States but up here we are still waiting (so the store manager states)

Rob

Haven't seen any Challengers yet. They just started rolling off the lines last week, according to Motor Trend. Sounds like the dealers up there are full of it, telling all kind of crazy stories. The 09s have been on the lot with 08s for months down here in MS. What a stupid excuse.

The 09s have been on the lot with 08s for months down here in MS. What a stupid excuse.

ya same here the Journey has been on the lots since April but just a few around.

I honestly think dealers tell you what you want to hear and if they do not know the answer, they will BS their way through it. Does not matter what kind of dealer Car or RV <------ let not go there :hysterical:

I believe it when I see it on the screen in the salesman office or when they give it to you in writting, period, the rest is just a smoke show

Rob

ya same here the Journey has been on the lots since April but just a few around.

I honestly think dealers tell you what you want to hear and if they do not know the answer, they will BS their way through it. Does not matter what kind of dealer Car or RV <------ let not go there :hysterical:

I believe it when I see it on the screen in the salesman office or when they give it to you in writting, period, the rest is just a smoke show

Rob

I'm picking up my dodge journey tommorow night...I am really excited ...something to look forward to tommorow!

Well, I picked up my Journey today. My dealer was able to call around to other dealers and found the van I wanted ... SXT, Silver Steel Metallic, FWD, 5 passenger, Convenience Group 1, and Trailer Tow Package. I got the undercoating that someone on this site recommended along with the paint sealant deal. I bought into the anti-theft deal for the windows and I am signing up for an Extended Warranty deal on Monday. I liked the way it drives, so far. I'll get a pic up as soon as possible.

It came without fog lights. I had to take what I could get and I'll be checking to see if I can get them installed. (Can I?)

I had to drive it 50 miles from the dealer to my house and the windshield was littered with bugs ... dead bugs. The problem was I couldn't figure out how to get the windshield washer fluid to come out. I am going to be reading the manual tonight.

Well, I picked up my Journey today. My dealer was able to call around to other dealers and found the van I wanted ... SXT, Silver Steel Metallic, FWD, 5 passenger, Convenience Group 1, and Trailer Tow Package. I got the undercoating that someone on this site recommended along with the paint sealant deal. I bought into the anti-theft deal for the windows and I am signing up for an Extended Warranty deal on Monday. I liked the way it drives, so far. I'll get a pic up as soon as possible.

It came without fog lights. I had to take what I could get and I'll be checking to see if I can get them installed. (Can I?)

I had to drive it 50 miles from the dealer to my house and the windshield was littered with bugs ... dead bugs. The problem was I couldn't figure out how to get the windshield washer fluid to come out. I am going to be reading the manual tonight.

Picked up mine on friday and we love it. The only thing that I noticed is in the back where you can remove the covering and have more storage the material is pretty cheap. I put the stroller in the back and it left some noticeable grooves in the material. I decided to purchase the molded cargo tray which is 59.99 and it will be in on tuesday. It will make it easier as well to clean any messes as I can just vaccuum the plastic or clean it with the hose by removing it from the journey.

Other than that we love it. I didn't get the mygig that I wanted but I love the fact there are 6 discs and I can put all my mp3's on one disc right now and using the list button I can scroll down by artist. The only thing that I noticed is that as soon as you hit the artist it starts to play the first song in the directory.....I was hoping I could go down a level and then select the song....but I can deal with that.

Picked up mine on friday and we love it. The only thing that I noticed is in the back where you can remove the covering and have more storage the material is pretty cheap. I put the stroller in the back and it left some noticeable grooves in the material. I decided to purchase the molded cargo tray which is 59.99 and it will be in on tuesday. It will make it easier as well to clean any messes as I can just vaccuum the plastic or clean it with the hose by removing it from the journey.

Other than that we love it. I didn't get the mygig that I wanted but I love the fact there are 6 discs and I can put all my mp3's on one disc right now and using the list button I can scroll down by artist. The only thing that I noticed is that as soon as you hit the artist it starts to play the first song in the directory.....I was hoping I could go down a level and then select the song....but I can deal with that.

yes . i will get molded tray too as i like the extra room for the golf clubs