Overhead monitor and backup sensor

Looks good!

Any details on the overhead monitor? Does it have its own DVD player, or is it tied into an existing one? How did you run power, etc...?

Just a monitor co's I have a REQ radio w/ DVD player.

I removed the overhead console and driver side front panel so I can run the power & video cable.

first pull the rubber then remove the cover ( the triangle one ) just pry out

IMG00131-20110315-0844.jpg

next the side panel

IMG00130-20110315-0844.jpg

connect the 12v power

IMG00129-20110315-0842.jpg

to remove the overhead console

IMG00098-20110111-1649.jpg

IMG00099-20110111-1650.jpg

IMG00097-20110111-1647.jpg

IMG00101-20110111-1653.jpg

Edited by ThunderSXT

Excellent photos.

I have a 2011 Lux with the 8.4 touchscreen system (and a sunroof, too). The rear entertainment package is not available on the 2011's, so I'm looking forward to seeing how others have addressed this issue. The kids would love to have either an overhead screen or screens in the headrests, but I have yet to see anyone tackle this in a 2011.

For now, they'll just have to settle with their portable DVD players than can sling over the seats...

Excellent photos.

I have a 2011 Lux with the 8.4 touchscreen system (and a sunroof, too). The rear entertainment package is not available on the 2011's, so I'm looking forward to seeing how others have addressed this issue. The kids would love to have either an overhead screen or screens in the headrests, but I have yet to see anyone tackle this in a 2011.

For now, they'll just have to settle with their portable DVD players than can sling over the seats...

Given the choice, go for the headrest install. The overhead screen seriously impedes your ability to see out the back window.

• 4 years later...

Given the choice, go for the headrest install. The overhead screen seriously impedes your ability to see out the back window.

Sorry to revive an old threat. The Journey has Active HeadRest, is not adviced to remove them or replace them. The Active HeadRest are part of the SRS (Airbag) System and will help in case of a rear impact.

Yeah, I saw that it was from 2011. I wanted to know how he did his garage door opener. If the DJ comes with the back up sensors, where is the small monitor located? My 2006 Jeep Commander had this. The monitor was a little housing mounted above the rear window; I could see it in the rear view mirror. There were green lights on the outside edges, orange towards the middle and red in the middle, along with a beeper. It was supposed to beep faster the closer I got to something. They would light up green, orange and then red the closer I got to something. I experimented with it to see how close I could get to something. I have a huge oak tree in my front yard and the lights never lit up! Nor no beeping! I did end up backing into a metal pole at the gas station and put a dent in the outside edge of the bumper. Again, no lights and no sound. I tried to get it fixed under warranty, but no dice. I don't think that it ever worked right.