Brakes...

jmjit

i just recieved a lettr form Chrysler today(3-11-11).They have added brakes to my 36,000 36 mo. warranty.First 12,000 they are relpace Free of charge.After 12,000 and up to 36,000 there is a 100.00 charge.So i can live with that...I hope you`all get the same letter..I am a Retired Chrysler work of 31 yrs...

i just recieved a lettr form Chrysler today(3-11-11).They have added brakes to my 36,000 36 mo. warranty.First 12,000 they are relpace Free of charge.After 12,000 and up to 36,000 there is a 100.00 charge.So i can live with that...I hope you`all get the same letter..I am a Retired Chrysler work of 31 yrs...

I too received this letter for my 2010 SXT manufactured in August of 2009. 12K miles or less no deductable. 12K miles to 24K miles $50 deductable. 24K to 36K $100 deductable. This is for Front Brake components only - rotars and pads.

The following is a direct quote from the letter.

IF YOU HAVE ALREADY PAID FOR THE REPLACEMENTS OF YOUR FRONT PADS AND ROTORS, YOU MAY BE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE A REIMBURSEMENT. YOU MAY COMPLETE THE ENCLOSED....FORM AND SEND YOUR ORIGINAL RECEIPS.

IF YOU HAVE ALREADY PAID FOR THE REPLACEMENTS OF YOUR FRONT PADS AND ROTORS, YOU MAY BE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE A REIMBURSEMENT. YOU MAY COMPLETE THE ENCLOSED....FORM AND SEND YOUR ORIGINAL RECEIPS.

I never received the letter for my '09 (previous Journey) but I did get reimbursed for the front pads ($225 USD) once I called Chrysler, got a case number and submitted the necessary paperwork (service repair order and method of payment).

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my letter today. They only gave me until 24 months or 40,000kms no deductible for the front pads and rotors. Only in Canada... Guess I'll be driving the heck out of my Journey so I can get some of those new 3rd party parts.

Got the same letter today. Hopefully no brake issues though :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, I also received my letter. My front brakes and rotors got replaced with less that 6,000 miles.

I have taken the Journey several times back to the dealership and now they tell me it's the rear brakes.

Hold up guys, the letter does not say anything about the rear brakes!

SO the service guy tells me that I should call Chysler to the discuss the matter. I asked him to call Chrylser and he told me that it would be better that i call and so I did.

I have the Journey with 17,000 miles at the Sherman Dodge Dealer right now as I type. Chrysler agreed to replace my rear pads and rotors for $100.00 bucks.

Q. How many more pads and rotors am I going to replace?

Q. Is Chrylser going to assist the next time?

I just bought a 2010 Journey SXT in December. I haven't gotten a letter, but got on here today to check for others with break problems. I just picked my car up from getting an oil change and guess what they told me?? I need brakes, front and back! I have 35,050 miles on my car right now! I am really not sure what to do/who to call? Should I call the local Dodge dealership? Thanks for the help!!

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody in BC, Canada get this letter yet?

I'm bringing it in for the second time for the brake issue and would like to know if there are any service numbers on the letter...

Thanks.

Edited by ckl