LOADED Black Journey R/T AWD will be mine within the week...

Xphyle

Hi all. I was planning on picking up my Journey at the dealership tomorrow, but just got a call from them telling me they were just notified of a recall and they are not allowed to let me take possession of the vehicle now until the recalled item is fixed. They are waiting on the part and hope to have the issues resolved within the week. At this time they were unable to tell me what the nature of the recall was. I'm sure it will be worth the wait as it took a long time for me to find a Journey that was loaded with all the options INCLUDING the Nav system which was a pain to find.

Glad to find this forum.

Xphyle

Hi all. I was planning on picking up my Journey at the dealership tomorrow, but just got a call from them telling me they were just notified of a recall and they are not allowed to let me take possession of the vehicle now until the recalled item is fixed. They are waiting on the part and hope to have the issues resolved within the week. At this time they were unable to tell me what the nature of the recall was. I'm sure it will be worth the wait as it took a long time for me to find a Journey that was loaded with all the options INCLUDING the Nav system which was a pain to find.

Glad to find this forum.

Xphyle

Lucky you that is the same car I had to order. Dealer said no fully loaded SXT AWD was anywhere to be found. Order mine 5/2/08 now I waite.

Glad to find this forum.

Xphyle

welcome to the forum, and be sure to let us know what the recall was for. They had a Journey in stock with the Nav system, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! what are the first 3 numbers of your VIN PM me rather than put it out in the open. mine is XXXXXXXXXXT208XXX beinterested in knowing what yours is. I have a few other member's Vins. I am trying to figure out when the Nav was being installed.

Great for you finding exactly what you wanted. ALL the dealerships I have been to, none have had the Nav system yet

Rob

welcome to the forum, and be sure to let us know what the recall was for. They had a Journey in stock with the Nav system, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! what are the first 3 numbers of your VIN PM me rather than put it out in the open. mine is XXXXXXXXXXT208XXX beinterested in knowing what yours is. I have a few other member's Vins. I am trying to figure out when the Nav was being installed.

Great for you finding exactly what you wanted. ALL the dealerships I have been to, none have had the Nav system yet

Rob

Thanks Rob. The dealership had to go out to 500 miles to find one with a Nav and they had Red, Black and Blue, but the Red had sold, so I took the black. I'll post the vin as soon as I pick it up which will be either Tuesday night or Wednesday. The wife and I may go look at it tomorrow, if so, I'll note it.

Best,

Xphyle

I know around here, the dealerships are only allowed a certain amount of "stock" Journeys at a time, and there were 3 here when I started looking at them. Since then they have been sold, and my dealer also noted that dealers from "far away lands" have been calling and hounding to offer to but them.......

HMMMMM, I wonder what kind of price one could get to auction off a Journey right now? Can anyone say highest bidder?

Just kidding, after this wait, we could never part with her.

Rick.

I know around here, the dealerships are only allowed a certain amount of "stock" Journeys at a time, and there were 3 here when I started looking at them. Since then they have been sold, and my dealer also noted that dealers from "far away lands" have been calling and hounding to offer to but them.......

HMMMMM, I wonder what kind of price one could get to auction off a Journey right now? Can anyone say highest bidder?

Just kidding, after this wait, we could never part with her.

Rick.

:hysterical3: Rick, sell me yours I've got cash just burning a hole in the pocket :hysterical:

Rob (highest bidder)

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone. My wife and I picked up a Journey R/T last week after upgrading from an SXT. We chose a black "pearl" version without AWD or the NAV package but everything else including those nice 19" wheels and chrome rims.

The salesman happened to be driving it and it was the only R/T available for weeks. They only had 2 or 3 on the lot as well.

The tow package was supposed to be factory installed and I discovered that in fact we paid for it and it was not present nor was the cooler. The dealer has ordered these items and is going to install them without charge. I am surprised to find dealers telling you that a factory option has an installation charge. The parts person who looked into the package showed me the cooler connection drawing and I heard him tell the boss to order the 7 pin harness to be installed. I'm not complaining..

Our Mygig radio system is being replaced due to some software glitch. The radio works fine but the cd/dvd player refused to give the discs back for 30 min and the screen pixelizes. The second attempt resulted in it trying to eject the cd while the screen was in the closed position. No big deal it is some software issue. New tech always has glitches.

I am interested in the recall that was mentioned earlier. Nothing on the recall databases and I would like to know if it concerns the seat belts. They don't seem to lock properly all of the time.

We love the car and most people who have seen it wish are very impressed with the leather seats and interior.

So when you all get yours, You will be envied by all of your friends. We have only seen one other one so far after driving both highway and city for a week. Still a pretty rare vehicle on the road!!

And for those who wonder, we chose to lease for 2 years. I figured out the costs and found that within a couple thousand they were the same to buy or lease with a down payment due to the interest rates. We put money down because we intend to buy it out with warranty but if it turns out to be too much trouble we can walk away still..

We are very happy Canadian Journey Owners...

One more thing. put the bug deflector on. The second day we had it we already had a fine stone chip near the front of the hood.. wish we had right away...

The Stewie

I ordered the bug deflector and the window shields about a week ago. My dealer thought they would take a couple of weeks to come in. I can't afford to add much more on right now. I have a gray SXT and so far the only thing that worries me is the gas mileage. I am only getting around 21 MPG at the moment.

The big recall is the sun roof leaks. They have a part to replace and it will take care of the problem. I had four on my lot that had the same problem.

Caruby,

Do you have a way to check the status of 3rd seat back order problem?

I have been in D status for almost 5 weeks now. I am being told from the dealer it is because of the 3rd row back order.

Thanks,

Seth

Caruby,

Do you have a way to check the status of 3rd seat back order problem?

I have been in D status for almost 5 weeks now. I am being told from the dealer it is because of the 3rd row back order.

Thanks,

Seth

I to have been in D Status since May 8th. What I find funny id I keep asking my dealer to check on why I am sitting in D status so long ( I told him about the third row seats) but he says he has not heard anything like that. I just got off the phone told him I am very worried and want to here back about this D status by Thursday.

Side note today I also called the 1-800 number and my Vin is no longer showing up in system they said I need to get the Von# to be able to help me. I said it has worked every week since the 12th of May she said well I caint find anything in the system with that Vin Number are you sure it's correct.

:slapfight: