Front Seatback removal

its2easy

probably cause no one has attempted to do what you have done

That would be my guess also. ;) I do find many of the posts to be quite helpful and appreciate that.

BTW what is a 2010 Dodge Journey SRT Design? I have only heard of Journey, Journey SE, Journey SXT and Journey R/T :)

Terry

Edited by Windancer

I recently removed my headrest and unplugged the side airbag senors. how to i remove the seatback to plug it back in?

Why would you unplug the air bag sensor to begin with???? What were you trying to do? Don't complain because of your lack of thinking. Remember "lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine"

Enough of that.

I know on the second row seats there are two plastic "buttons" that hold the cover on. Try looking on both lower corners and see if you can tell if the front is the same way. You can use a special tool to remove the buttons, but I use a putty knife that I cut to resemble a U shape. IF the front seats have these plastic buttons that will pop them off. I AM NOT SURE IF THE FRONT SEAT IS IN STALLED IN THIS MANNER. CHECK FOR YOURSELF.

Why would you unplug the air bag sensor to begin with???? What were you trying to do? Don't complain because of your lack of thinking. Remember "lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine"

Enough of that.

I know on the second row seats there are two plastic "buttons" that hold the cover on. Try looking on both lower corners and see if you can tell if the front is the same way. You can use a special tool to remove the buttons, but I use a putty knife that I cut to resemble a U shape. IF the front seats have these plastic buttons that will pop them off. I AM NOT SURE IF THE FRONT SEAT IS IN STALLED IN THIS MANNER. CHECK FOR YOURSELF.

Who said this was an emergency first of all. Second, i removed the headrest to install headrest monitors. Remember "lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine" is one of the oldest sayings in the book, come up with something newer. Third, i figure everything else out on my own and everything is back in place with no issues.

Edited by its2easy

slap a SRT sticker with some fancy wheels and paint ... this is a SRT Design :) basically a normal vehicle without the heart of a real SRT

Actually it is a OEM badge not a sticker. And their is no normal vehicle to it. My Journey has h&r lowering spring with cold air intake and aftermarket crankcase filter, and a number of other mods. Don't hate me because i am having fun with my journey and using my imagination.

Who said this was an emergency first of all. Second, i removed the headrest to install headrest monitors. Remember "lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine" is one of the oldest sayings in the book, come up with something newer. Third, i figure everything else out on my own and everything is back in place with no issues.

First off, you need to relax. I was referring to the smart ass comment you left when you didn't get a response fast enough. I need not come up with something newer because that fit the situation just fine.

Second, if you had stated you removed the headrest's to install monitors and need a little help, you may have gotten some.

Third, good for you that you figured it out. I sincerely hope all is working properly and the air bags will deploy if needed.

I am certainly glad NASA can spare you being away and have time to post wise ass comments on this site. When you grow up maybe you can learn how to ask for help.

First off, you need to relax. I was referring to the smart ass comment you left when you didn't get a response fast enough. I need not come up with something newer because that fit the situation just fine.

Second, if you had stated you removed the headrest's to install monitors and need a little help, you may have gotten some.

Third, good for you that you figured it out. I sincerely hope all is working properly and the air bags will deploy if needed.

I am certainly glad NASA can spare you being away and have time to post wise ass comments on this site. When you grow up maybe you can learn how to ask for help.

Ha ha. After reading that, I think you sir are the one that needs to grow up.

• 3 months later...

Yeah I did the same thing. I was going to install my son's headrest dvd player and yank, pulled out two wires upon removing headrest, to later see an airbag warning light at all times near speedometer. I am going to try and figure out how to get inside the seatback as well to possibly complete the circuit to those wires to make the airbag warning light disappear. I know I know, bad juju but hey, when you have a 4 year old hyperactive son, you can't go without backseat entertainment. :)

• 1 month later...

Yeah I did the same thing. I was going to install my son's headrest dvd player and yank, pulled out two wires upon removing headrest, to later see an airbag warning light at all times near speedometer. I am going to try and figure out how to get inside the seatback as well to possibly complete the circuit to those wires to make the airbag warning light disappear. I know I know, bad juju but hey, when you have a 4 year old hyperactive son, you can't go without backseat entertainment. :)

I am going to attempt this install soon. was it easy to fish the wire through the seats?