ATC HVAC Light Blub

black09SXT

Just recently, the passenger side light bulb for the HVAC controls, like the passenger side temperature knob and air direction selector buttons went out. The drivers side temperature knob and blower speed are still working.

My question is if anyone has a guide to the type of miniature bulb replaces it without having to dig into the dash first? I know most all local parts stores do not carry these types of bulbs and I will have to order them online, but I was just curious on if anyone knew the part number to this bulb.

Thanks.

Just recently, the passenger side light bulb for the HVAC controls, like the passenger side temperature knob and air direction selector buttons went out. The drivers side temperature knob and blower speed are still working.

My question is if anyone has a guide to the type of miniature bulb replaces it without having to dig into the dash first? I know most all local parts stores do not carry these types of bulbs and I will have to order them online, but I was just curious on if anyone knew the part number to this bulb.

Thanks.

REPLACEMENT BULBS

All the inside bulbs are brass or glass wedge base. Aluminum base bulbs are not approved and should not be used for replacement.

LIGHT BULBS – Interior Bulb Number

Courtesy/Reading Lamps (Incandescent) 578

Courtesy/Reading Lamps (Optional LED) LED (Serviced at Authorized Dealer)

Glove Box Lamp 194

Cargo Lamp 579

Optional Door Map Pocket/Cupholder LED (Serviced at Authorized Dealer)

Note: For lighted switches, see your authorized dealer for replacement instructions.

LIGHTS BULBS – Exterior Bulb No.

Low Beam Headlamp 9006

High Beam Headlamp 9005

Front Park/Turn Signal 3757AK

Side Marker Lamp 168

Front Fog Lamp PSX24W

Center High Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL) LED (Serviced at Authorized Dealer)

Rear Tail/Stop/Turn Signal 3157K

Rear Tail 3157K

Backup Lamp 3157K

License Lamp 168

SORRY this is all i could find until someone releases an electronic service manual

Thanks.

Is the display out, or is the back lighting when the headlamps are turned on out? In other words, can you see anything at all on the passenger side at any time? If you can't see anything, sorry it's not a replaceable bulb, its the display. You'll need to go to the dealer to fix it, or, if you are handy, you might be able to find a new control head on the internet. Thats what you need, not a bulb. Sorry!

Are you under waranty? if you are, take it in.

do you have Manual or Auto climate control?

Those bulbs does NOT have part number, they are soldered onto the Circuit board. if you are going to replace the whole control, i think they are like $150 list price from the dealership. The Center bezel can be removed by a trim stick, or just yank it out by hand, they are just held on by clips.

I've taken it apart and soldered new bulbs onto the circuit board, and it works. So if you got some practice on fixing circuit boards in TV or VCR players, go for it.

if you want to know what type of bulbs i used, i have no idea. I just took few same size bulb from the bulbs bin in my dealership.

• 1 month later...

ok on the 2008 aspen the atc bulbs are also not replaceable at least by a part number but my dealer sold me bulbs thinking these were the needed ones. they are the same bulbs needed but the base is a very little bit smaller and wont twist into the control head. but they are twist in not soldered. im going to try to use the bulb they sold me into the old base because the new control head is 350.00. I cant believe they have no lamps avail for this. not very good.