Battery losing connection

I just got a used 2009 journey SXT Sport and recently I got a new battery not knowing it was just bad terminals that needed to be changed out, they're connected pretty tight but I lost all power to it today, worst part is it's under my wheel well any ideas what could be happening?? 

did it run or start after putting in the new battery also you say you replaced the battery terminals did you use the correct one with the battery temp connector on it? who did the work you or a mechanic? you need to take the battery and have it checked to make sure it is still good and yes we ALL know where the battery is, good luck

Ignore battery temp sensor comment, the 2009-10 didn’t have this, the newer ones have a bms system with a current  sensor on negative terminal.
Yeah like laryl is saying. Grounds are important because current/ power has to flow some where. No ground can be as bad as no power feed.

Both the front struts under hood  have multiple grounds held in place with small bolts. In the salt belt these grounds can  get corroded and dirty.  You can soak with penetrating oil first, then remove each of these grounds. Scotch brite or sand each connection until shiny again. Some people even remove body paint to bare metal at small contact points. Then a light film of dielectric grease is needed on all cleaned surfaces. Not much, just a film. 

No worry about shocks or arcing, these are ground connections.

Also after battery new terminals are tightened. Always grab each one with a gloved hand and try and see if they will twist or move. If so they aren’t tight enough;  torque until they can’t be easily moved. 

Edited by John/Horace

• 3 weeks later...