Occasionally the power windows seem to stop working for a day or so but then they will start working again. What happens is that the windows will not go up or down, but you will hear the clicking noise like they are trying to move.. All 4 windows are affected. All 4 switches stop working at the same time and then start working again at the same time. So I'm guessing its not a motor issue. But is there any 1 component that would affect all 4 windows and switches at the same time? Thanks

In the interior fuse panel is a 25 amp circuit breaker. It feeds all the power windows.

There is another 25 amp circuit breaker near it. For power seats.

You could switch them and see what happens.

It's up underneath the glove box. 

Shot in the dark, are you aware of the window lockout switch on the drivers switch panel? Try engaging it both ways

to see if it affects anything. 

IMG_20240210_1317382.thumb.jpg.41a71d189ad54baa710ae4f4ee025ef5.jpg

On 3/20/2024 at 2:18 PM, bynarie said:

Occasionally the power windows seem to stop working for a day or so but then they will start working again. What happens is that the windows will not go up or down, but you will hear the clicking noise like they are trying to move.. All 4 windows are affected. All 4 switches stop working at the same time and then start working again at the same time. So I'm guessing its not a motor issue. But is there any 1 component that would affect all 4 windows and switches at the same time? Thanks

question ,,,,is it each window doing it with their door  button? or are you saying it is happening from the drivers door control buttons? there has been a wiring problem that is in the lower drivers door jamb that the wires are breaking / or shorting out 

On 3/23/2024 at 10:30 AM, larryl said:

A broken wire in the harness can cause strange issues as they can occasionally make contact and work...

I had to replace the harness  

^^^

What I have seen in comparing the strand count on wires of the same gauge, across a span of 47 years (my 1946 Plymouth compared to a 93 Chrysler T&C) is that they used a much higher strand count wire on the older car, when compared to the later model one.  More strands = greater ability to withstand repeated flexing.  And about the only place where there was more or less constant flexing on the old car was in the engine harness.  Incidentally, however, that's also where I saw the most wire failure in the 93. I would have expected to find it in the door to body harnesses.  But come to think of it, I'm not sure I did a strand count on those wires on the 93.  Should do that sometime, because they just may have used high strand count wire in those constant flex areas.