Old school new problem

My son has a 2013 Dodge Journey he went to go home last nite and couldn't get it started (no fob detected) and got a ride home when we got there this morning it was dead, so we jumped it got it going, but then it wouldn't shut down so I had him disconnect the negative cable from the top and now it won't shift into higher gear( 35-40 mph). All help appreciated 

welcome to the group, so I assume you have installed a new battery group 86? you might need to disconnect the power battery cable and let it set fro 15-20 minutes to do a reset on your journeys computer... also make sure all your connections at the battery are tight and clean as well as the connections up top at the jump points, other than that that's all I would advise to do first,,,and with today's electronics in the cars I wont jump anyone off if I don't half to and yes my son or daughter would be the only exceptions...also have you replaced the fob batteries as well? since I just reread your post about the fob not being detected,those batteries wear out as well more than you think,,,,hope you get it going...also have you had it scanned for codes? you tube can show you how to do the self check by cycling the on button 3 times real fast

Edited by 2late4u

I also have a 2013 that I just replaced the battery about 2 weeks ago. After the battery was changed it started fine but I had codes coming up regarding the accelerator pedal position and 1 other .Car ran but absolutely not much power,  running a little rough and couldn't get up a big hill.Took it home put the scanner on and cleared the codes.Problem solved.I think that even just changing the battery put some glitches into the computer and it needed to reset them to run properly again.

Do you have any warnings on the dash?

23 hours ago, 2late4u said:

I have a 2014 and I have changed out the battery 3 times and I  never had to clear any codes,maybe I am just lucky

Yes this is my second battery change.  This time the battery was around 8V or so. Tried to jump it but no go and then the climate fan wouldn't shut off either. Had to pull the power to stop it so I think things just got a little scrambled from the low voltage.Anyway all good since.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2024 at 8:17 PM, blulou said:

oky did it just straighten outor is there a code reset thanks guys

Sorry for the late reply,  i cleared the codes with my obd scan tool.  Been fine since.