Journey in the Winter of Canadian North!

itsme_sri

Hi Dodge fam! I recently bought a Dodge Journey 2013 SXT FWD and I am located in Whitehorse, YT.  It's that time of the year and my car is literally dying every other day. I heard there are a lot of fob related issues, but is it weird that I am not able to unlock the car even with my keys whenever my car dies? I had roadside assistance twice so far, I am literally leaving my car unlocked and also trying not to use the fob to remote start. Any suggestions?

Welcome to the site. Push button start very sensitive to getting full 12 volts to function. Battery warmer pad  rather than block heater would probably help.

Need a very strong battery at your temps, if it’s more than 3 yrs old or alternator weak you will have problems.  Cranking amps on battery and voltage output from alt need checking. BMS systems on newer cars might get in way where you are;   sees low voltage from cold and interprets as draw from item left on. Shuts system down. Sensor right at negative terminal of battery I think sends signal to pcm. 

Key fob has driver door lock key built in. Little tab releases key. May have to lube with deicer etc first time used. If fob battery dead or low, press end of fob against start button directly. Use it to cycle button,  signal gets picked up. 
Portable lithium booster packs , biggest you can find , helpful this time of year.

image.thumb.jpg.28f660c357b09820f438da1252884cc5.jpg

as mentioned above make sure you have a strong battery and or replace it with the strongest one you can buy also replace your fob battery,since you recently purchased your journey... I would just replace your battery myself..................also check the battery cables connections to make sure they are clean and tight.................

Edited by 2late4u