pass blend door stuck

2late4u

well went to use the air a little bit today cold on the drivers side and hot on the passenger side no matter when moving from the reg vents to the floor or into the def mode still cold on drivers side and hot on passenger side, so I let down the glove box and then also moved the padded panel under the glove box so I could see better and the blend door wasn't moving at all so I wiggled the electrical connector a bit and also tapped on the blend door with a long screwdriver and then it started working again,,now this was the small blend door on the left side of the glove box and towards the back NOT the big vanilla color wheel attached to a different blend door,, the one I was working on controls JUST the heat or ac for the passenger side and the controls for the vents do NOT make it move,so don't get that confused in your mind I added a small video that I found on the web...............

Helpful post and link. I’ve wedged my head under the dash fighting with those tiny motors.  Funny click noise and then working again with the fresh air blender door motor.  Poke from screw driver frees it up when you hear the big click. Small spray of silicone afterwards.

Have a replacement motor from Rockauto for the next time it stops. I think it’s the motor that is always cycling on shut down to vent cabin air.  Not looking forward to doing it. Windows fog up like crazy when it sticks. At least it’s not a heater core issue in my case.

My passenger blend  motor has yet to stick. Something to look forward to. ?

Edited by John/Horace