Updating and upgrading air suspension

Locosiete

28 minutes ago, 5rebel9 said:

A 4.3" bezel? Without looking up your media pic's you are still using factory screen?

Our '11 and '14 have the 4.3 screens and find the cubby hole underneath rather unnecessary, nice idea of your further updating!

As I look at your message I was thinking... why not upgrade the screen. So made me think. I could go with aftermarket android stereo for all the apps it offers but leave the stereo components on the stereo below. Hmmm....

Then I can use the output from that into stereo.... man your making me want to step up my game lol

Screenshot_20231218_095352_eBay.jpg

Sorry to say this , but you are now out of my league in understanding on how it would all "wire up" and work. 

I actually like the radio reception and clarity of the 2 4.3 screen radios over the '13 RT's big screen and supposed amplified premium radio. To me, if it works......don't mess with it!

2 hours ago, 5rebel9 said:

Sandals with exposed toes verses SNOW BOOTS like up here for me???? Yes the bezel looks very nice, and then to put the rest of the dash back together!

The cold is 90% of why we moved to Texas. The older I got the worse the winters in Washington felt.

But yes a few days of cold weather here in Texas is allot easier to deal with then 4-5 months 

10 minutes ago, Locosiete said:

The cold is 90% of why we moved to Texas. The older I got the worse the winters in Washington felt.

But yes a few days of cold weather here in Texas is allot easier to deal with then 4-5 months 

Bet you never thought somebody would EXAMINE your pictures so closely to notice such .....AND to make joking comment of a little "detail" in it!:hat_tip:

Have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and I hope you keep your nice warm weather!

COLD NIGHTS here and Day temps of 30 - 40*, but Christmas day calling for a heat wave of 52* here.....and I'll gladly have it!

23 minutes ago, 5rebel9 said:

Bet you never thought somebody would EXAMINE your pictures so closely to notice such .....AND to make joking comment of a little "detail" in it!:hat_tip:

Have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and I hope you keep your nice warm weather!

COLD NIGHTS here and Day temps of 30 - 40*, but Christmas day calling for a heat wave of 52* here.....and I'll gladly have it!

I didn't even notice my foot good eye! ? ? ? 

My present to y'all from TX is warm Xmas ?

Happy holidays to everyone 

hahaha

Self editing now?

I like the change! I've notice on ours that while the chrome is a nice "touch" for looks, the GLARE off from it in bright sunlight is very distracting. Are you sure that with doing all these "upgrades" to your Journey and Caddy that this is not your source for income{JOB}?

You look quite good at doing such!

Have a Happy and safe New Year!

hahaha

Self editing now?

I like the change! I've notice on ours that while the chrome is a nice "touch" for looks, the GLARE off from it in bright sunlight is very distracting. Are you sure that with doing all these "upgrades" to your Journey and Caddy that this is not your source for income{JOB}?

You look quite good at doing such!

Have a Happy and safe New Year!

Definitely not my source of income, debt for sure but not income  ? ? ? ? 

The caddy is getting a new air ride setup that moves more air.

Took dodge for test drive last night. Everything is hooked up, just need to clean up connection but.. she moves all better. Not lightning fast but it goes up and down allot faster.

That's quite the installation! Looks great

I get what you're after with the "CADDY" and the Journey now. Just be content with it not being "lightning fast", as you may get "air sickness"  from "playing" with sudden fast height changes! ....LOL :)

3 hours ago, 5rebel9 said:

.... Just be content with it not being "lightning fast", as you may get "air sickness"  from "playing" with sudden fast height changes! ....LOL :)

Lol ya not trying to do the whole fast like hydraulics. At that point you have to start reinforcing things to prevent things bending or tearing. That creates a whole can of worms I don't want to mess with. 

OK.... Done for a while, but now start planning for the air horn update since you have the air supply readily available.    LOL  :cool:

Looks great with all that "equipment" packed in that location !

Just have to ask though, are the side trim panels able to go back in for the "finished" factory appearance?    :hat_tip:

OK.... Done for a while, but now start planning for the air horn update since you have the air supply readily available.    LOL  :cool:

Looks great with all that "equipment" packed in that location !

Just have to ask though, are the side trim panels able to go back in for the "finished" factory appearance?    :hat_tip:

Lol ya air horns could be an option ? ? ? 

Putting the factory side panels could go back in but it is super tight next to the box. I initially had the drivers side panal in when I started re-doing the system and after removing it to re-run the lines I decided to leave them off. Down the road when I need to replace struts It will save allot of work. Just don't want to risk ripping out any wires each time they are removed.

Not to mention I don't know if I could really pull off the factory look now in the interior. 

The box was built in the car and that will be a major pain to take that out. Needless to say I have no plans of removing it ???

Edited by Locosiete
add info

17 minutes ago, Locosiete said:

Lol ya air horns could be an option ? ? ? 

Putting the factory side panels could go back in but it is super tight next to the box. I initially had the drivers side panal in when I started re-doing the system and after removing it to re-run the lines I decided to leave them off. Down the road when I need to replace struts It will save allot of work. Just don't want to risk ripping out any wires each time they are removed.

Not to mention I don't know if I could really pull off the factory look now in the interior. 

The box was built in the car and that will be a major pain to take that out. Needless to say I have no plans of removing it ???

Just to "fuel" your imagination, since panels are out and I'm sure there are LOTS available at wreckers. what about "engineering" access panels to such as the strut areas? ALL the work "plumbing" in the air ride AND the sound system deserves to be open to be seen. 

But in my own opinion, the interior needs to be "modestly covered".....so to speak    LOL

Just trying to keep those "upgrade plans" moving thru your mind thru the COLD WINTER MONTHS !;)

22 minutes ago, 5rebel9 said:

Just to "fuel" your imagination, since panels are out and I'm sure there are LOTS available at wreckers. what about "engineering" access panels to such as the strut areas? ALL the work "plumbing" in the air ride AND the sound system deserves to be open to be seen. 

But in my own opinion, the interior needs to be "modestly covered".....so to speak    LOL

Just trying to keep those "upgrade plans" moving thru your mind thru the COLD WINTER MONTHS !;)

Yes plan on covering it just not certain how. Thinking of something like a door card on an order vehicle. Hmmm.... But that is further down my list, right now I want to jump into the caddy and start redoing that air ride system. 

45 minutes ago, Locosiete said:

Yes plan on covering it just not certain how. Thinking of something like a door card on an order vehicle. Hmmm.... But that is further down my list, right now I want to jump into the caddy and start redoing that air ride system. 

AH YES! I must not forget about the work on the "CADDY"! 

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, 5rebel9 said:

You DEFINITELY got that right....even for being on a Dodge JOURNEY forum!

So how is the upgrade coming along on the CADDY?

Progress is coming along. Unfortunately only got to go around the block a few times on those wheels after getting them back from power coating. They were older wheel and spokes were loose. I was hoping I could use them for the summer but they were so loose it felt real sketchy at 30 mph and didn't want to find what it was like on the highway. 

So replaced with a new set of wheels. Should have done that from the beginning but was trying not to spend money which cost me more in the long run.