How do i get to the third row??

Desireenkeener

We ordered our Dodge Journey SE through the military. Then we picked it up from a local dealer. The dealer didn't show us how ANYTHING works on our car. They were not helpful in any way. The only package/extra that we have on our 2010 SE is the flexible seating group. I wanted the third row. The problem is how do we get to it? I have seen videos where the second row slides forward and i am not sure how to make that happen or if that is only on the SXT RT models and we have to deal with just climbing over the seats? Also can the lights come on automatically or is that yet another "UPGRADE"? This is the very first brand new car that we have ever had and I just need these questions answered please any help or information would be greatly appreciated.

P.S.

Is it possible to go to a dealer ship and have things like the uconnect phone installed if we didn't buy it originally? I know that will cost i was just wondering if i could add on to the vehicle.

Thanks for your help!

Please refer it to your manual that basically the best advice I can offer especially its a brand new car its always best to refer or read the manual . Not 100% percent sure if you could install it manually reason being it has a decoding code and your best shot is to talk to the dealer they might give u a good deal for that U connect accesories..

Please refer it to your manual that basically the best advice I can offer especially its a brand new car its always best to refer or read the manual . Not 100% percent sure if you could install it manually reason being it has a decoding code and your best shot is to talk to the dealer they might give u a good deal for that U connect accesories..

The problem with the seating is that i know where the lever is and i know how to use but the seats will NOT slide.

And we did NOT receive a manual the dealership just wanted the tag money and then to get us out of there as soon as possible.

Don't know about the third row seats because I don't have them. However, our R/T came with the mygig infotainment unit and no bluetooth. The dealer installed it. My wife also bought a new Caliber and had the bluetooth installed by the dealer. It was about $475 (Canadian) to get the module installed. I believe the cost varies depending on the radio unit you have in your car. If it has buttons for UConnect, then it is one module and if you do n ot have the buttons, there is another. Both of ours had the buttons so I am unsure if the cost is more (or less) if you don't have the buttons already in there.

Be sure to haggle with the dealer because we were initially quoted much higher prices. The modules are available on ebay as well for much lower prices than offered by the dealer, but then you have to instal or arrange installation.

If you have auto lights, you turn it on using the headlight switch on the turn signal stalk all the way to "Auto". If it doesn't say "Auto" on the switch, you don't have it and I don't know iof it can be installed after the fact.

Hope that helps.

• 1 month later...

To access the third row seating; the middle row of seats slide forward. This is accomplished by turning the handle located on the upper side of the rear seat. This allows the seat bottom to rise and then the entire seat will slide forward. The lower handle on the side will simply slide the entire seat forward.

Hope this helps.