Anybody know were to get help on a non functioning window (power)

I have a 2009 journey that I just purchased with a certified warranty susposedly. Well now they tell me no warranty and Im stuck fixing the journey window switch problem myself. It started out with no other windows worked from thier doors only from the drivers door. I figured it was the window lock button and removed the drivers door switch and looked it over (didnt see much). I aggressively worked the window lock button up and down and the passenger front window now works from its station and the left rear works from its station. But the right rear went down and would not come up.

I had to remove the door panel , take off the window motor and with a little coaching the window went up and I remounted the motor to hold it in the up position. With the motor in my hand the up didnt work but the down did. Test light proved no power provided for up. Any body with ideas on were to go next would be appreciated.

I would replace the whole switch in the drivers door. It has the electronics built in. I do not believe that it is a mass problem since windows do go down.

I thought the Journey has a 36.000 miles bumper to bumper warranty.............as well you can buy additional warranty throught Dodge website.

"I have a 2009 journey that I just purchased with a certified warranty susposedly. Well now they tell me no warranty"

Do you mean that is not covered or there is no warranty now? Does your paper work say something like that would be covered? Did you try a different dealer?

Sorry to hear that. If you do end up buying one, there is one on ebay for $82 with a best offer option. Give a offer for $50, you might win it for that price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2009-DODGE-JOURNEY-MASTER-DOOR-WINDOW-SWITCH-SWITCHES-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem19bf0e604bQQitemZ110579572811QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2009 journey that I just purchased with a certified warranty susposedly. Well now they tell me no warranty and Im stuck fixing the journey window switch problem myself. It started out with no other windows worked from thier doors only from the drivers door. I figured it was the window lock button and removed the drivers door switch and looked it over (didnt see much). I aggressively worked the window lock button up and down and the passenger front window now works from its station and the left rear works from its station. But the right rear went down and would not come up.

I had to remove the door panel , take off the window motor and with a little coaching the window went up and I remounted the motor to hold it in the up position. With the motor in my hand the up didnt work but the down did. Test light proved no power provided for up. Any body with ideas on were to go next would be appreciated.

I have the same damn problem the left rear window will go down but NOT up. How hard was it to get the door panel off? Any special tools needed?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

sometimes the switch contacts or motor contacts get dirty, try hitting the arm rest with the side of your fist, it could dislodge the dirt, and free up the contacts. I believe the culprit is on the motor itself. if this works, run your windows down and up weekly to prevent a recurrence

it's worked for me on my 05 Magnum every time. mostly my rear windows as they don't get cycled enough.

hope this helps

• 1 year later...

***2009 MY DODGE JOURNEY SXT's WINDOW PROBLEM IS NOW FIXED!!! :shades:***

Thanks to God and my will to listen I was able to figure out the problem without the assistance of the idiots at the dealership. I wasted $75 on those idiots only for them to tell me "Duh, I don't know, but if you give us another $800 we will figure it out. o_O"

Anyway, here's how you fix it.

1. Open the driver's door and remove the panel

2. Look for a 5"x5" black box with three plugs running to it. This black box aka "Driver's Door Module" has failed. DO NOT call the dealer to ask them to look it up because none of the 6 dealers I called had a clue what it was and could NOT find it by searching it by name.

3. Call (1-800-428-0517) or go to http://www.wholesalemopar.com/parts_catalog.html?gclid=CL-_qquQ0a4CFUdN4AodPDB_Cw Scroll down to "Search by part number"

4. Select "Dodge" from the drop down and enter part number 5026861AE and hit "Search"

5. Pay for the part (This part is $60 before shipping and tax which brought the total to roughly $76 & it takes 3-5 business days to get)

6. Put the new box in the place of the old AND BE SURE TO PLUG THE WIRES INTO THE NEW ONE THE SAME WAY YOU REMOVED THEM FROM THE OLD BOX.

7. Plug in the switch BEFORE you assemble the door to test it and it WILL make surely bring a smile to your face to see your Journey working again :hyper:

P.S. you can go get it from the dealer if you want to but the dealer CANNOT touch that price because you are buying it straight from the factory and the dealer with free shipping is at least $100. I have bought parts from Wholesalemopar.com many times and they are honest and quick on the delivery.

Edited by KingdomCarClub

• 1 month later...

***2009 MY DODGE JOURNEY SXT's WINDOW PROBLEM IS NOW FIXED!!! :shades:***

Thanks to God and my will to listen I was able to figure out the problem without the assistance of the idiots at the dealership. I wasted $75 on those idiots only for them to tell me "Duh, I don't know, but if you give us another $800 we will figure it out. o_O"

Anyway, here's how you fix it.

1. Open the driver's door and remove the panel

2. Look for a 5"x5" black box with three plugs running to it. This black box aka "Driver's Door Module" has failed. DO NOT call the dealer to ask them to look it up because none of the 6 dealers I called had a clue what it was and could NOT find it by searching it by name.

3. Call (1-800-428-0517) or go to http://www.wholesale...CFUdN4AodPDB_Cw Scroll down to "Search by part number"

4. Select "Dodge" from the drop down and enter part number 5026861AE and hit "Search"

5. Pay for the part (This part is $60 before shipping and tax which brought the total to roughly $76 & it takes 3-5 business days to get)

6. Put the new box in the place of the old AND BE SURE TO PLUG THE WIRES INTO THE NEW ONE THE SAME WAY YOU REMOVED THEM FROM THE OLD BOX.

7. Plug in the switch BEFORE you assemble the door to test it and it WILL make surely bring a smile to your face to see your Journey working again :hyper:

P.S. you can go get it from the dealer if you want to but the dealer CANNOT touch that price because you are buying it straight from the factory and the dealer with free shipping is at least $100. I have bought parts from Wholesalemopar.com many times and they are honest and quick on the delivery.

Hi, I have a 2009 journey SE with the same problem in the passenger side, but I remove de drivers door panel and I can´t find the door module, I follow the wiring from plugs and continue only to the dash....somebody knows if is located in another place.????

• 4 months later...