Key off power delay

Chelelab

i believe once you open the door it will turn off.

not only the radio , when I turn my car off and remove my key i can still use the powered window for a short while ... everything turn off when i open my door before the delay expire.

not only the radio , when I turn my car off and remove my key i can still use the powered window for a short while ... everything turn off when i open my door before the delay expire.

What I would like to know is how to make the radio (power) stay on longer once the key is removed. It seems to turn off before I'm ready to get out of the car (before I have to go into work). If I had an EVIC, it shows how to set the time up to ten minutes. I don't have an EVIC, so is there a way to program it to stay on longer?

What I would like to know is how to make the radio (power) stay on longer once the key is removed. It seems to turn off before I'm ready to get out of the car (before I have to go into work). If I had an EVIC, it shows how to set the time up to ten minutes. I don't have an EVIC, so is there a way to program it to stay on longer?

Nope. Unless someone knows some secret procedure, which I would also like to know.

Here it is: There appears to be no remedy for changing non EVIC equipped vehicles. However, one may ask the Service dude to hook up Star Scan and maybe it can be programmed through that for up to the ten minutes.

For vehicles not equipped with the Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC), the power window switches, radio, power sunroof (if equipped), and ignition-powered power outlets will remain active for

approximately 45 seconds after the ignition switch is turned to the LOCK position. Opening either front door will cancel this feature.

² For vehicles equipped with the EVIC, the power window switches, radio, power sunroof (if equipped), and ignition-powered power outlets will remain active for up to 10 minutes after the ignition switch is turned

to the LOCK position. Opening either front door will cancel this feature. The time for this feature is programmable. Refer to “Key-Off Power Delay,” under “Personal Settings (Customer Programmable Features)”

under “Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC)” in Section 4.

Section 4:

“KEY-OFF POWER DELAY”

When this feature is selected, the power window switches, radio, hands-free system (if equipped), DVD video system (if equipped), power sunroof (if equipped), and ignition powered outlets will remain active for up to 10 minutes after the ignition switch is turned OFF. Opening a vehicle door will cancel this feature. To make your selection, press and release the RESET button until “Off,” “45 sec.,” “5 min.,” or “10 min.” appears.