Premature Brake, Rotor and Caliper Replacement

I bought my car May 2008. The first time it went into the shop was in Jan 2009 and my car had about 11,700 miles with squealing noise. (my husband is military and we had to move across country, that's why we have that many miles on it by Jan). At that time we didn't have any money to look closer into it. We took into a dealership and was told $600 would fix it. April 2009 my husband changed out the brakes of the car and took it to the base hobby shop to get it rotated. September 2009 squealing noises started again. Dec 2010 we took to a firestone and they told us our brakes needed to have the brake pads changed out again. We were shocked. Waiting for income tax to come back. Feb 2010 we had the whole front brakes and rotores replaced. Cost $400. April 2010 squealing noses came back. April the rotores were resurfaced! June we stared having squealing noises again. Took it into Firestone since we could the brakes done there. THe manager was so SHOCKED at how our brakes were already he called my husband in to the shop to LOOK at the back BRAKES!!! The BACK BRAKES NOW!!! He told us the Caliper was torn and that the brakes needed to be replaced. At this time he told us that he thought we really needed to take it into the dealership. Took the car into the dealership that same day and told the service advicer EVERYTHING. THe side, the brake and ect. By 10am he called us telling us that ALL the brakes were 90%!!! I don;t think so., I told him to call my husband at that time because my HUSBAND saw what they say isn't there! So my husband got out of work early went into the dealership and the service adviser wanted to hand back the car and my husband said NO i want to show you. Advicer said it will be a minute as we are busy. 1 HOUR later he calls my husband. Okay my husband showed him!!! POINTED AT IT AND SHOWED HIM! The adviser was SHOCKED and didn't know what to say BUT I'll come see you in a minute in the waiting room. He then came and told us that the Caliper would be replaced under warrenty but not the brakes. So June 30th, 2010 my back Caliper where replaced with my brakes (AGAIN)!!! I WANT DODGE'S ATTENTION!!! I think there is a BIG problem and they don't see it or don't care because they say that Brakes are a wear and tear of a car! COME ON DODGE, the Car is 2 years old!!!

SHORT STORY:

Bought May 2008! Squealing Brakes Jan 2009! Replaced of ALL brakes April 2009. Sept 2009 squealing starts again. Dec 2009 was told front brakes need to be replaced. Feb 2010 front brakes replaced! April 2010 squealing come back. June 2010 Back brakes replaced and CALIPER TORN and replaced as well!

MY CAMRY is 5 yrs old, MY husband TRUCK that we traded in for this Journey was 4 yrs old! NEVER WAS or HAS A BRAKE been replaced!

This car is 2yrs OLD!

The point is: PLEASE CALL DODGE 1-800-423-6343 and file a complaint!!! I already have. I also have put in a complaint at www.NHTSA.gov and www.BBB.com PLEASE ALSO DO THIS!! Takes a minute of our TIME but well worth my family and your family's safety!

• 4 years later...

Dodge Journey break system is a crap!!! I bought a new SXT in september 2010 and one year later, I had to change de brakes! Fine. And so on every year and even sometimes twice a year (pads and rotors). Meanwhile, from 2010 to now, I changed calipers twice.

The problem with this scrap, is that while the brakes go on, no sign or light on the dash board and you only learn that when that silly noise starts and you are then told that everything is to be changed!

Another problem I had two years ago. In winter, my Wheel just froze. Tried to put back steering fluid and just saw it pouring on the floor. The hose got loose! Checked on internet and saw that there has been a recall on Journeys for that problem, on Journeys, including 2010 SXT models. I brought the car to the dealer and was told mine was not on the list of cars recalled, even though I had the same problem. And of course, paid!!!

I had a Toyota Camry and in 10 years, I changed breaks ONLY ONCE!!! Never changed steering system...

CONCLUSION: AFTER YEARS OF SPENDING, SPENDING AND SPENDING, I ENDED UP SPENDING MORE THAN IF I BOUGHT ANOTHER MAKE, A LITTLE MORE EXPENSIVE. WILL NEVER, NEVER BUY THAT CAR AGAIN, NEITHER ANY OF THEIR MAKE.

Dodge Journey break system is a crap!!! I bought a new SXT in september 2010 and one year later, I had to change de brakes! Fine. And so on every year and even sometimes twice a year (pads and rotors). Meanwhile, from 2010 to now, I changed calipers twice.

The problem with this scrap, is that while the brakes go on, no sign or light on the dash board and you only learn that when that silly noise starts and you are then told that everything is to be changed!

Another problem I had two years ago. In winter, my Wheel just froze. Tried to put back steering fluid and just saw it pouring on the floor. The hose got loose! Checked on internet and saw that there has been a recall on Journeys for that problem, on Journeys, including 2010 SXT models. I brought the car to the dealer and was told mine was not on the list of cars recalled, even though I had the same problem. And of course, paid!!!

I had a Toyota Camry and in 10 years, I changed breaks ONLY ONCE!!! Never changed steering system...

CONCLUSION: AFTER YEARS OF SPENDING, SPENDING AND SPENDING, I ENDED UP SPENDING MORE THAN IF I BOUGHT ANOTHER MAKE, A LITTLE MORE EXPENSIVE. WILL NEVER, NEVER BUY THAT CAR AGAIN, NEITHER ANY OF THEIR MAKE.

Angry French guy alert... My car is perfect. Thanks for coming!

LMAO!!! Gotta love it. :hyper: Another one post wonder. I love my Journey. Maybe you should try Renault. I hear those French folks make some pretty solid vehicles.

You can tell it's summer vacation. The bitterness of failing grade 9 and the dissatisfaction with manual stimulation causes a lot kids to troll forums looking to release their sexual tensions. I guess it's better than getting blisters on their palms or going blind from too much solo sex! Probably can't afford XBoX.