Who was promised IPOD control but didn't get it?

Just bought a 2010 Dodge Journey RT. Window sticker said in my convenience group II package that there was ipod control. This was a major reason I purchased this vehicle with this package. The radio I have is REU media center 230. I was looking forward to controlling my ipod via the radio controls. To make a long story short, I could not find the socket to plug the ipod in anywhere. Several calls to the dealership and chrysler, was told it's gotta be there. After 2 weeks of back and forth calls, I was finally told this is a design flaw and it is not in the car. Dodge tried ordering a part and it did not work, mopar said no US version has the working ipod control and it was a mistake on the sticker. I have been told there are no other options. Just wondering how many other people have had this problem (in the United States)? Has anyone been able to find a fix? Have you spoken to Chrysler and what have they offered you to make you a happy customer? Thanks.

I "think" my Journey has a different radio system in it. The dealer and I are both confused with what it will

and won't have. There has been a running mid-year change to what is included in the R/T model. Looks like

yours has the NAV option and that may be part of the issue. No NAV in mine so we will see.

A couple of sites that might help you:

http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_nav_2.htm

mofv.com/mygig/

The later seems to be down right now, but has a host of information.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought a 2010 Dodge Journey RT. Window sticker said in my convenience group II package that there was ipod control. This was a major reason I purchased this vehicle with this package. The radio I have is REU media center 230. I was looking forward to controlling my ipod via the radio controls. To make a long story short, I could not find the socket to plug the ipod in anywhere. Several calls to the dealership and chrysler, was told it's gotta be there. After 2 weeks of back and forth calls, I was finally told this is a design flaw and it is not in the car. Dodge tried ordering a part and it did not work, mopar said no US version has the working ipod control and it was a mistake on the sticker. I have been told there are no other options. Just wondering how many other people have had this problem (in the United States)? Has anyone been able to find a fix? Have you spoken to Chrysler and what have they offered you to make you a happy customer? Thanks.

I was even promised to get an Ipad didnt even get it , whats up with that?

I was even promised to get an Ipad didnt even get it , whats up with that?

That sounds more like a dealer offer. I'd talk to the salesperson about that offer and whether you should be entitled to it. I remember seeing an ad in the paper from a local dealer who also offered an ipad a couple weeks back.

• 4 weeks later...

I have an RT with navigation and was told by the dealer that there is no ability to hook up an ipod control with this option. Very disappointing. Spent the extra $$$ on the navigation system as I prefer having it in the car, but for some strange reason this negates the ipod connectivity.

My window sticker does say that Ipod connectivity is included with the convenience package, but it was not there.

In our R/T we have the base Radio which is the REN that has the AUX plug on the front. We also have the U-Connect and the Convienece Pack II.

When we got our R/T the iPod cable was in the glove box and was not hooked up to the port. In Ours the connector is in the glove box and the aux cable gets

connected to that. The iPod we leave right in the glove box and we control it via the touch screen or steering wheel controls.

I have heard that on some radios you give up this port if you have the Navigation option because that port gets taken for the Nav system.

In other words you can have one, not both. I have my own Garmin Truck Series NAV system that I bought last year when I was drive big rigs.

I felt I didn't need the NAV added to our R/T.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

mine has the ipod connector but doesnt work. i took it back to the dealer and they called the headquarters and they said it was a mistake for it to be in the car and for it to work it would take afew extra parts and at $500 to get it to work so i said screw it cause i have the hard drive in there anyways

If its in writting that it should've had something but then you got nothing, why not complain and get something of equivalent value? Rubber mats, bug deflector, window deflectors, undercoating, oil changes, couple hundred knocked off price ETC

• 1 month later...

. I've located the iPod connector in the glovebox, but how the h*** does one connect the iPod to it? TIA, bigwhistle

can you clarify the question .. not sure with the H***

well simply plug the connector into the ipod and then press the AUX button on the radio and voila youre good to go.

Use the knob on the radio or ( if you have it ) the controls on the steering wheel to change songs.

Note that the Iphone and Ipod touch will work and play songs but will not recharge with the connector , however all other Ipod Classic will.

Edited by Burn

• 2 weeks later...

well simply plug the connector into the ipod and then press the AUX button on the radio and voila youre good to go.

Use the knob on the radio or ( if you have it ) the controls on the steering wheel to change songs.

Note that the Iphone and Ipod touch will work and play songs but will not recharge with the connector , however all other Ipod Classic will.

OK - thanx for the reply - I had the iPod port in the glovebox, but not the Universal Consumer Interface Cable (UIC - page 42 Journey 2010 owner's manual); got the UIC and it was all hooked up at the dealer, but still won't work. Service wants an appt to do complete evaluation, so this'll be the 3rd time I'll have to take it in to the dealer for same problem!

• 1 month later...

OK - thanx for the reply - I had the iPod port in the glovebox, but not the Universal Consumer Interface Cable (UIC - page 42 Journey 2010 owner's manual); got the UIC and it was all hooked up at the dealer, but still won't work. Service wants an appt to do complete evaluation, so this'll be the 3rd time I'll have to take it in to the dealer for same problem!

All I had to do was connect the UIC to port in the glovebox and then connect my iPod to the other end. I have the 430 radio (touchscreen, no nav). Does your radio have a media button? You have to be in the proper mode for the radio controls to access the iPod. I had a 2002 Stratus that had a radio/cassette/CD that could supposedly control the iPod if you connected the proper cable. IOW, I have a hard time believing that 8 years later that even the most basic Chrysler radio can't interface with the iPod.

I need to look again but I think I needed to do an additional setup in the AUX mode so the radio knew it was interfacing with an iPod.

• 1 month later...

I have an RT with navigation and was told by the dealer that there is no ability to hook up an ipod control with this option. Very disappointing. Spent the extra $$$ on the navigation system as I prefer having it in the car, but for some strange reason this negates the ipod connectivity. My window sticker does say that Ipod connectivity is included with the convenience package, but it was not there.

Same with my car, it is a 2010 R/T and was bought in August. I was told that the cars with the Nav System because of the large 30 gig hard drive that most people would copy their Ipod onto the car's hard drive.

Regards

Terry

your answer was correct and wrong at the same time

You need a special cable from dodge to hook up the Ipod to the connector in the glove box,also it depends on what software is in the Ipod. 4.1 will work 100% as to 4.2 will only charge.This is according to dodge so read this

https://www.dodge.com/hostb/crossbrand/owners/en/pdf/download/Apple_Devices_Compatibility_Test_Report_Rev_B.pdf

and herehttp://www.dodge.com/en/owners/quality/

your answer was correct and wrong at the same time

You need a special cable from dodge to hook up the Ipod to the connector in the glove box,also it depends on what software is in the Ipod. 4.1 will work 100% as to 4.2 will only charge.This is according to dodge so read this

https://www.dodge.co...eport_Rev_B.pdf

and herehttp://www.dodge.com/en/owners/quality/

thank for the infos , the cable came with my car so it was already there ... but i didn't know about the software version !