first fuel fill up 2010 SXT 6 cyl.

gatrus

I picked my 2010 R/T 2 weeks ago yesterday. It was new but had 1746 KMs on it when I took it off the lot. The dealer filled it with gas and I think I may be going tomorrow to fill up for what will be my first time. I checked the readings just now and currently I'm at 2064 Km with 48 left til empty. My average is 17.4 L / 100Km and this has been all small town driving, no highway yet.

Question for you all, when you fill up, do you reset your L/100km or leave it as a running total from the beginning? what are your preferences?

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, driving around town isn't all that great for gas. I think we are sitting at around 15L/100Km on ours.

Second fillup gave us a 13.1 average. I thing its not so bad.

We went to a friends cottage yesterday and did all highway and the reading was at 9.6/100km.

I think its great, Wonder if it gets better after the engine is broken in. I only have 1000kms.

• 4 weeks later...

I have an 09 SXT with the 3.5l V6. I generally fuel up with midgrade fuel and average 28+ mpg. This last trip cross country I averaged 28.5 mpg or 12.12 kpg highway.

That is some great gas mileage you are getting there. Mine is still being broken in but when I drive it I can do about 24 mpg around town and such. Wife gets about 20 mpg doing the same driving with a heavier foot. I would venture to say once I get about 5000 miles on it it will get around 24to 26 mog on the road and I'd be happy with that.

• 2 weeks later...

That is some great gas mileage you are getting there. Mine is still being broken in but when I drive it I can do about 24 mpg around town and such. Wife gets about 20 mpg doing the same driving with a heavier foot. I would venture to say once I get about 5000 miles on it it will get around 24to 26 mog on the road and I'd be happy with that.

after one year owning the Journey .. worst case was 13.5L/100Km and the best i could do so far is 9.8/100Km

I've had the vehicle for exactly a month already and the EVIC indicator shows an average 16.6L/100KM. I believe with a full tank to empty, I can drive 500 KM. But I fill up when I reach 450KM. This is 90% city / 10% highway driving and I'm driving in a relaxed manner. If I drive any more relaxed to try and get good mileage, I'm pretty sure someones going to try and ram me off the road.

By the way this is for an AWD. Does anyone here have AWD? I"m assuming that's the reason for my higher fuel consumption as well.

I've had the vehicle for exactly a month already and the EVIC indicator shows an average 16.6L/100KM. I believe with a full tank to empty, I can drive 500 KM. But I fill up when I reach 450KM. This is 90% city / 10% highway driving and I'm driving in a relaxed manner. If I drive any more relaxed to try and get good mileage, I'm pretty sure someones going to try and ram me off the road.

By the way this is for an AWD. Does anyone here have AWD? I"m assuming that's the reason for my higher fuel consumption as well.

Yes AWD will consume just a little more. But remember you're doing 90% stop and go in the city. Your numbers seem good for your first month. After about 10K you should see a slight decrease in consumption.

• 5 months later...

Good to know. Thanks for info, diggit.

I have a 2010 Journey with the 3.5L V6 FWD , averaging 13.9-14.2 litres per 100KM or appoximately 16 MPG in the city, lots of hills, and very short drives without giving the car a chance to fully warm up. (yeah, I know, not great for the SUV, but I drive it to the bus stop to go to work, to avoid the $30.00 a day parking)

I haven't had a good chance to test the longer distance highway mileage, but from what I have seen, is about 10L per 100 KM.

Just did my first fuel fill up and it is a little better than expected. I managed 13.1 litres per 100 km on a combined highway and city. How does that compare with others.

You can click on the Myfuelly logo at the bottom of my post if you are curious as to what I get in my 2010 Journey R/T. I must admit it is "all over the map" and is really dependant on the type of driving you do. My mileage is still around 9700 kms.

Regards

Terry