Sputtering during 4th gear acceleration

Everrd01

I have a 2013 Journey SXT 2.4l FWD and this issue has been present for pretty much the last 3 - 4 years. The car runs great, except when traveling on the hightway in 4th gear and you need to add throttle to pass or go up a hill, the car will sputter like it is miss firing, if I press the throttle to get in to shift down to 3rd gear, it runs just fine. I have changed the throttle pedal assembly, the throttle body, intake gasket, and the throttle body gasket, all with no change in the symptoms. To me, it seems that the transmission doesn't know that it needs to downshift. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions.

the 2.4 plugs need to be changed every 24k-30k,only use the ngk OEM copper plugs for best results,start with them if you havent done this cheap and easy...also how many miles?

Edited by 2late4u

The car as 130k miles and I can't remember if I have ever changed the plugs and I've owned it since new. I know, beat me with a wet noodle! I guess that I can start with that and I'll pick up an el' cheapo ODB2 reader and see if I get any codes from it. I'll keep you posted.

2 hours ago, Everrd01 said:

The car as 130k miles and I can't remember if I have ever changed the plugs and I've owned it since new. I know, beat me with a wet noodle! I guess that I can start with that and I'll pick up an el' cheapo ODB2 reader and see if I get any codes from it. I'll keep you posted.

my daughter had the 2.4 engine in her mail jeep and i just changed her plugs every 30 k , and about the 3rd time i bought the plugs off amazon the company was out of the reg plug  but sent me the iridium plug that was supposed to be better and last longer,,,guess what less than 2 weeks later i was pulling them out and got the normal oem copper plug from the local auto store and she didnt have any more problems, also there is a pcv valve that can  go bad and is super easy to change out,,,also dont overlook the air filter....

Edited by 2late4u