2017 Journey died, now flashing service AWD, car not in park

Talon41ak

First post, sorry if it’s in the wrong spot

Just bought a used 2017 Dodge Journey AWD in October, so roughly 5-6 months ago.  It had around 83k miles on it, with One previous owner who said she always had it maintained at the dealership only.  I live in Alaska and of course it’s been cold, around 10° at night and 20° in the daytime. So 2 days ago my wife drove the car home with no problems, and it sat in the driveway for about 24 hours, last night we went to start the car and it wouldn’t turn over.  Just made a clicking sound.  All the dash lights and everything (radio, heater, etc) came on.  Didn’t appear as though any lights were left on in the in the back seat.   Today I charged the battery and the car started, but now the parking break light on the dash is flashing (it is engaged whenever we park in our steep driveway during the wintertime) the screen now says service AWD, and when you open the door with the car running the dash also starts flashing that the car is not in park, even though it is.  Haven’t tried driving it yet.   Any ideas? Is it just sensors going off? Do I need to take it into a mechanic? 

Our journeys love a strong battery and will act crazy with a weak or bad battery,just charging it is not enough ,take it to be load tested at your local part store and also have them check the alt to make sure it is charging enough...also have them scan it for any codes that might have been stored as well   Welcome to the group as well

Edited by 2late4u