power, no crank/start, no codes

2010 JC SXT 3.5l V6 FWD ~86K miles

Turn the key to RUN, dash lights etc work. Try to start and get nothing, no clicks or anything.

The battery was at least 4 years old, so replaced that. Same results.

Hooked up my OBD scanner w/ AlfaOBD, and it is saying no codes present. Don't know how to use it to really make use of it beyond that. Hopefully didn't erase everything by replacing the battery?

Tried starting in N, tried jiggling the steering wheel.

My first inclination is a bad starter. If you can pull it out you can take it in to get tested. Other than that, make sure your ground wire has a good, clean connection. If there are codes, they usually don't pop up unless you can get the car started (someone correct me if I'm wrong), so no codes will pop up in just the run position. Guess it could also be the starter relay.

Cleaning main grounds always a good idea in rust belt areas.  OBD codes aren’t stored for a bad starter, just sensor issues. 
Any security light flashing on dash ? If chipped key try using the other key if you have it. 
Remove heat shield from starter, give it a few medium taps with mallet; if it starts you probably  have solenoid contacts issue, new or rebuilt starter needed.

The moveable contacts shown on relay can be jumpered. Bypasses park/neutral switch and key security and dash switches all together. Narrows it down to just starter assembly. 

Fixed it; was the starter relay.

I jumpered the relay as shown here:

The starter engaged fine. There was a radiator fan relay that is the exact same there near the starter relay, so I popped it out and replaced the starter relay with it. Car started fine, so I went and got a new one, put the radiator fan relay back where it belongs, and put the new one in the starter relay spot. Car starts up, and everything seems fine.

Here is the fuse/relay box under the hood looking at if from the driver's side fender:

image.png.b4afe51a36a5dfb0b6352f23b5a1aaae.png

All of the relays circled in green are the exact same model. You can see where I have already replaced the Starter Relay, and I marked the relay that I used to test it.