Backup camera question

2015 journey R/T.   Like many, camera started showing horizontal lines, then went back to  being ok, and finally crapped out completely. Installed a new camera unit but didn't fix anything. I do get power at the pink n yellow IGN R or "run relay control" pin #2 whether in reverse or not so power is going thru the fuse ok.  The ground (both pins 5 and 6) are good grounds. What voltage  should i get on  the "camera signal" dk grn/brn pin 4 and the "camera rtn" dk grn/ org  pin 3?   And which of these is activated when i shift into reverse? What  sensor  indicates 'vehicle is in reverse' and results in power going to camera signal (or is it camera return?). TIA

I learned about a 'transmission range sensor' on the auto tranny that sends a signal to the PCM about what gear has been selected and then decides if power is sent to the camera (only if reverse has been selected). Tomorrow I will check the connection, else I will try another new camera I guess.