Windshield/rear window washer fluid delivery reversed

I have a 2017 dodge Journey 

it was involved in a front end collision with a cement wall. 
After having the vehicle back I found a strange situation when I used my front and rear wiper blades

When I use my front wipers washer fluid is pumped to the rear window not windshield 

when I use my rear wiper washer fluid is pumped to the windshield not rear window

My vehicle was repaired by my insurance but I was not happy with their repairs. They were always trying to find ways to not pay for some repairs. I had to threaten legal action to get them to finally pay everything

i do not know if this is an electrical issue or the hoses were put back reversed after repair 

I am hoping I can do it myself as I do not trust the insurance company to fix it

I am hoping it is simple enough that I can do it. I have a little ability with cars and hope it is not too complicated, maybe just finding the front and rear hoses and reverse where they are plugged in

Would appreciate some help and advice

Thanks 

here is a youtube video on how to access your washer pump there are 2 hoses coming off the pump  one goes to the rear and one to the front 2 washers.........   also i copied some questions for you as well

kins men2 years ago
question, I just got one of these cars, it has a history go hitting a deer and the front end was redone, my windshield spray works the opposite way, when you try to turn on the front spray, it sprays the back and the front wipers turn on. Same for the back, when you turn it on to spray the rear, it instead sprays the front. The front and rear wipers work as designed, any advise, I suspect something was interchanged?
Show less

Arches Mechanic

Arches Mechanic
·
4 replies

Arches Mechanic
kins men check the pump wiring. Easy repair

kins men
 @Arches Mechanic  ok thank you.

Arches Mechanic

Arches Mechanic
kins men the pump supply’s the back and front from the same pump.

kins men
 @Arches Mechanic  thanks a lot, I was able to figure it out, the hose connections were interchanged.

Arches Mechanic

Jody Stevens
Does that motor run back window too?

Arches Mechanic

Arches Mechanic
·
1 reply

Arches Mechanic
Interesting question! I believe it does as it has the two lines coming out of it. When you turn on the switch for front it would go through one tube and when you turn the rear switch on it does the other line.

another way to fix it is to make the repair shop fix their mistake and if they give you any problems tell them you will contact your insurance company and complain about their work on your car and they will fix it for sure then in fear of losing their work load reputation with the ins company

Thank you guys for your responses

From the video and being winter here in Toronto I cannot change wires due to weather. I will try to get repair shop to fix

As a last resort I was thinking of tracing the hoses at the reservoir cutting and splicing the wires over.   I found a kit on Amazon “Hicdaw 13 piece windshield washer kit” for Dodge at $12.99. It appears to have 4 straight connectors and hose  that I can use to connect cut hoses. The hoses are 4 mm (5/32 in)

Anyone have any comments

16 minutes ago, jas said:

Does anyone know the interior diameter of the washer hoses. Need to know before I buy the Hicdaw kit

Thanks

why are you buying this kit any part store can sell you the standard rubber tubing...dont try to use the plastic tubing that come on our journey's, just use the standard rubber hose from your local part store cheaper and better as well

just looked at my 2014 crossroad and the 2 rubber hoses come up to the top of the fender on the drivers side, and one goes to the back of the fender then goes to the hood and the other hose goes the same way but then disappears thur thru the fender /firewall,,,so if you dont want to fix it the right way just go to your local part store show them the 2 hoses and tell them you want to cut them and then insert a Windshield Washer Hose Couplerinto them and then reinsert them into the opposite  hose shouldn't cost you no more than 2-3 $$$   amazon 

Windshield Washer Hose Connector, OTUAYAUTO Universal Windshield Wiper Hose Connector (pack of 10)

Was: $7.99$7.99
Prime Price: $6.39$6.39 ($0.64$0.64 / Count)
Edited by 2late4u

Hi 2late4u

Thanks for your response

So simple I never thought about your suggestion

The problem I have now is I hurt myself and so only my wife is driving that is why I went to Amazon as she is working many late hours this holiday season 

I noticed OTUAYAUTO sells pack of 10 hose couplers on Amazon

would these work as I could perform the cutting and connecting no problem

just stop by your local  auto part store or even a plumbing shop if you have some 1/4 inch copper tubing will work as well as it is a rubber tube it will stretch some,,,will only take you about 2 minutes to cut it and install the sleeves

look at the front by the top of the rad on the driver side,then   look with a flash litre straight down you will see the pump at the bottom of the washer reservoir 1 hose coming out the right side and the other coming out the left side and then they  both come straight up and then run along the top side of the fender till one goes up to the hood and the other goes to the rear they are rubber hose

24 minutes ago, 5rebel9 said:

Simplest soltion yet .... Take the car back to the collision shop and explain the frnt / rear reversal situation and ASK them to switctch the 2 hoses on the washer pump! NO MORE EXCUSES and NO MORE WORK for you!

i actually suggested that earlier as well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

22 minutes ago, 2late4u said:

i actually suggested that earlier as well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

some folks just must like to take the most involving and hard way to do a simple task. NOTHING wrong with wiring as was concerned about in earlier posting and switching the hoses on the pump is a simple 5 minute job.

1 hour ago, 5rebel9 said:

some folks just must like to take the most involving and hard way to do a simple task. NOTHING wrong with wiring as was concerned about in earlier posting and switching the hoses on the pump is a simple 5 minute job.

yep i also had mentioned it wasnt a wiring problem it was the hose were hooked up wrong