inertial switch

icscomp

I was in a minor accident a while back.  I've been repairing the vehicle (cosmetic only) but now it won't start.  the engine turns over, but doesn't start.  I've been told there is an inertial switch that shuts down the fuel pump.   I've looked all over but can't find it--can someone please tell me where it is?  The vehicle is a 2010 dodge journey SXT

Try scanning for codes on ecm. If pump is being disabled it should show up.

When cycled to run position pump should come on for a second and pressurize injectors.

Owners manual would state there is a pump interim switch, have you checked it ?

Was car running right after accident? 
CPS and various other things can disable fuel pump.  Check fuel pump fuse and relay under hood.

Push button start very sensitive to voltage;  try jump starting car.

found using google........   also checking with your local dealership parts office would be a big help as well

1. Dodge journey fuel pump relay switch - Fixya

www.fixya.com/cars/t18558873-dodge_journey_fuel...

Dodge does not use a fuel pump cutoff switch, that is Ford and Mazda, and that is is on triggered on impact that exceeds 3 G's. You have what is called and ASD fuel pump shut off relay, it is also triggered in a crash. The ASD is locate in the underhood fuse and relay center. Refer to the owner's manual for location.

• 6 months later...

Thanx for the info--

I found the ASD relay, and the ASD fuse.  Both of them tested good.  It will crank over, but not start; hasn't started since the accident.  I don't think the hit was very hard, none of the airbags deployed, and it was the left front of the vehicle that sustained the damage.

Cranked the engine over for a while, then tried to remove the fuel rail, to see if it was actually getting gas; but couldn't.  Any other ideas would really be helpful.