Diagnostic code-P0562-system low voltage

Both those numbers decent.  Max alt output is around 14.4. Full battery charge best measured after sitting overnight. 
How old is battery. Journey uses a Nipodensa alt, very good brand. Mine died at just over 100k miles anyway,  lot of power options on new cars. 

There are a bunch of grounds mounted by front strut tower, they often get corroded. The remote battery connections under hood for jump starting also feed fuse panel;  good to clean up with sand paper, light dielectric grease film afterwards.

If it starts and drives,  could be alt is intermittently having an issue and triggering the light. Which is how mine failed, eventually it smelled burnt and stopped putting out 14 volts.

Clean up connections first to narrow things down.

• 2 months later...

My 2012 Dodge Journey R/T 3.6L is having charging issues and has about 11 volts measured at the alternator "B" post.  The local parts store measured the alternator as not charging very well.  I removed the alternator and took it to another alternator shop, they say the alternator measured 14.4v on the bench test.  I'm not sure what to do.  The parts store measured the battery and said it is good but needs a charge.

HOW old is the battery, it needs to be charged but they say its good.......now days all new cars demand a strong battery as well a working alt to stayed charged,,hard to tell you what to do ,,but if the battery is over 3 yrs old I would replace it with the strongest correctly group sized  battery,and then move on to having the alt checked out by a reputable garage

If the alt has over a 100k , change it. It may have to run a bit and heat up before the rectifier bridge or capacitors start to act up.

Mine would put out  power for 5 mins before it stopped putting out enough power to run vehicle. Mechanical parts like bearings etc are also worn.  If battery has less than 300 cranking amps, change that too. It’s on the way out. Towing is not cheap.

Edited by John/Horace

21 hours ago, John/Horace said:

If the alt has over a 100k , change it. It may have to run a bit and heat up before the rectifier bridge or capacitors start to act up.

Mine would put out  power for 5 mins before it stopped putting out enough power to run vehicle. Mechanical parts like bearings etc are also worn.  If battery has less than 300 cranking amps, change that too. It’s on the way out. Towing is not cheap.

I bought both a new battery and alternator.  I'm going to put in the new battery first to see if charging by the old alternator resumes.  If the old alternator doesn't charge, I'm thinking I might install the new alternator as well.  Crappy thing is I could install $400 in parts and not fix anything.  What to do...  I did charge the old battery for about 6 hours maybe it will recover.

Run the new battery on a charger before the install. They often are dry charged, so not a real full charge.

Clean up any connections that you can, shiny is good, light coat of dielectric grease is helpful.

Check the voltage at alternator small plug before starting car. Alternator needs full battery voltage 12.3-12.7 to produce full amperage to run car.  If it doesn’t get that, alternator can’t do it’s job. Wire harness feed has an issue, not very common problem.

Edited by John/Horace