Vibration type noise from R side at highway speed

djw11

Hi, 2011 Journey R/T AWD

On my recent trip , I was cruising at 120kms or higher, we noticed a low pitch vibration type of noise appearing to coming from the right side, if I slowed down to 100km or lower the noise disappears. To me it sounds like something under the car that is exposed gets wind vibrating at this higher speed.

l looked the the plastic R wheel inner shield , nothing seems out of place, although there is some play around mounting points of the shield, I also noticed there also another “L” shaped plastic shield attached by 2 bolts and appears to cover the lower flywheel area. This piece is quite flimsy and has lots of movement, also there 2 holes on the bottom end that look like for attachment but appears no area to attach? Just looking for ideas, or other members having similar noise. Pic of shield attached.
Thanks for your help

CDFED67B-A6A8-40CD-BAA3-3229B7B223EF.png

120 Kilometers per Hour =

74.564543........ well you could reinforce it BUT i doubt that is the problem, most of the time when i noticed plastic parts making a noise it is more of a loud banging noise, I personally havent experienced the noise you are talking about,,, BUT i have also wondered about all the plastic fender well panels in all 4 areas being attached with just filmise push buttons, seems like they could make a lot of road noise while traveling down the road.

Thanks for the reply and insight, maybe I will try to improve on the wheel well attachment points and see if that does anything! 

Ps: yup 120km is 75mph, we have the metric system here in Canada!!, lol

Edited by djw11
Add comments